HET : Chapter 1

♠ Is it so hard for you?

Cause it's so hard for me

To believe that what we dreamed could

ever come to life again

If I could just erase my mind

But I cannot erase this lie ♠

♦♦♦

"Just give me a few more seconds princess, I know I've got it!"

Oh, Enna. My favourite nymph was currently getting my hair ready for my engagement dinner with Liandor. Most women would be jumping up and down for the fact that a Necrecian prince has fallen in love with you, but I only wish for death in this situation. This is an arranged marriage, something that I am completely against.

We are in the master bedroom of the Negra Castle, and I am sitting on the beautiful deep red bed that belongs to my soon-to-be fiancé. Enna was now finished with my hair, which was styled into a Grecian updo. My blood-red locks were curled and small emerald jewels were crowned around my head. As she turned to the black double doors to leave, I thanked her for her patience and help. She only responded by throwing me a small white box which I caught in my hand perfectly. "Do not fear the animal, but accept him."

I stood dumbfounded as she disappeared with a flick of her hand. Ignoring her cryptic message, I dragged my feet towards the full-body mirror on the left side of the balcony. I gasped at my reflection. The girl who stood in front of me was me, yet, it wasn't.

My dress was a light shade of green; jade. It was a one shoulder that was tight around the breasts, and it hugged my waist before it it fell down flowing to my feet. It exposed the front of my legs from my knee down, yet was covered by one layer all the way in the back. I had white pumps that were simple yet elegant and my eye makeup was a black smokey eye. My lips matched the colour of my hair and brought some edge to the sweetheart outfit. But that's not what caught my eye.

It was the amulet I always wore.

My sister and I had matching ones, to symbolise how we were united. Only hers was a dark shade of purple and mine was a deep red. Our favourite colours. I felt unwanted tears prick my eyes as I realised I can never see her again.

Closing my eyes, I reminisced our times together. When she was just a little girl and realised her element was fire and water. I could still remember the illusion of a dragon that she created out of fire and how it circled both of us before roaring and vanishing in mid-air. A feeble giggle escaped my lips as we danced around playing around with our magic. Oh Veronika. How I miss you so...

My reverie smashed into broken pieces of glass as I felt the weight of my emotions possessing my entire body. Falling as heavy heap onto the floor, my hands shot out to grabbed my head. I can't do this! I can't be betrothed to Liandor. He's cruel and abusive; I can't be with him. It's against nature for us to be together. Tears fell and fell until I restrained my emotions once more.

I know what I must do.

It might kill me sooner than planned, but it's for Veronika.

I NEED to do this.

So using my magic of air, I opened the doors of the balcony with a flick of my hand. I ripped the white heels off of my feet before fiddling with my hair to get it loose. Once I was comfortable with what I was wearing, I did the one thing I've wanted to do since the news of my demise.

Running to the edge of the balcony, I pushed myself up and stood on the hard stone. I gazed down at the view in front of me and sighed with awe. Looking at the forest at night is much more different than it what it was at morn.

Closing my eyes once more, I let the strong current of the wind take me as I did the only thing that could make me at peace.

I jumped.