28: Tired

I woke up the next morning really excited and I sent Billie a text, telling her to get ready. The lady wanted us to meet her first thing in the morning. Billie replied back with a dry "ok" and we left it at that.

I showered quickly and threw on something comfy. I was planning on taking an Uber there and I told Billie to come pick me up. She arrived within 20 minutes and I sat in the passenger seat.

I turned to Billie who looked pale and had dark circles under her eyes like she hadn't slept in ages.

"Are you ok? Why do you look dehydrated and tired?" I asked concerned.

"Oh it's nothing, just cried about the whole soul thing nothing else." She awkwardly laughed.

"O-Kay?" I managed to get out confused about the tone in her voice. Clearly she had been crying about something else but I didn't have time to deal with it. We were already late and the girl was 20 minutes away.

When we arrived the women greeted me happily, even hugging me like we've known each other for years. It was a blonde girl I wasn't surprised I figured she was a blonde girl this is exactly how I imagined her.

She went up to Billie and started to ask her questions.

"Wait excuse me, what's your name again?" I asked blushing not remembering if she told me already.

"My names Athena, sorry I didn't tell you sooner." I breathed a sigh of relief realizing she never told me.

Billie seemed to be feeling more awake. She was starting to chat away with her, telling her about the demon issue. They seemed to hit it off immediately because they were laughing together within 3 minutes.

They walked into her house basically forgetting I was there and I followed behind. I wanted to be included in the conversation I felt a little left out.

"Take a seat on the couch I'll get you guys some snacks and some water." Athena said walking to her kitchen.

I sat down and watched Billie not pay any attention to me. She was being so weird.

"Billie is it? I love your green roots. You look so beautiful." Athena said to Billie and I watched as her face turned red.

What was this feeling? I only wanna compliment Billie not some weird spiritual blondie, then I started to realize that I actually never compliment Billie, I mean I think about complimenting her but I never say the compliments out loud.

"I've always thought about dying my hair purple but I was afraid I'd damage it." Athena said putting the snacks and water on the table for us.

"You should do it! I think you'd look beautiful, not saying you aren't right now, you are but you know what I mean." Billie said blushing like crazy.

I felt...jealous? Though I'm never jealous. Billie has never really complimented me. The only time she did was when that ugly middle aged lady called me ugly and she had to stick up for me because I'm her assistant. Yeah...her assistant. I guess we never complimented each other because I was just seen as that.

I sat there feeling a little sad. Billie and Athena were chatting like crazy and I put my knees to my chest and zoned out.

"Y/N!" I heard as I saw Athena snapping at my face. "Are you ok? Seems like you zoned out for a bit."

I looked over at Billie who just slightly rolled her eyes, probably because I interrupted their conversation.

"Yeah I'm fine just wondering how this is gonna work and what you'll have to do to make her human again." I said scooting back on the couch.