Chapter 59: The Wedding Arrives

The room remained silent for a few moments while everyone digested what Kovarian had said. All trying to either understand what this meant, or wrap their minds around the shocking information.

"Well, yeah, I knew that already," Wanda replied causally. Everyone looked at her, blinking rapidly in shock. Even Kovarian seemed greatly confused that Wanda would know, as well as looking disappointed that she had not scared the Time Lady by this information. The Doctor himself was stunned beyond words at what Wanda stated. His jaw even dropped somewhat.

"What?" he asked. Wanda rolled her eyes, shaking her head in amusement to his stunned expression.

"Did you really think I wouldn't figure it out on my own?" she responded, crossing her arms. "What do you think I've been studying all these years? I mean, besides trying to advance myself with electronics and such. Mostly, I've been trying to go over the signs I've shown: the headaches, the possibilities, the abnormality of my mind, the oversensitive mental abilities, the blackouts, the seizures, the molecular structures becoming unstable when I'm angry or scared, and a few other things I've noticed."

"But—but—but, how long have you known?" the Doctor questioned, completely flabbergasted.

"Well, I've never really known for sure," Wanda explained. "It was mostly just on a list of theories of what might be wrong with me. It was the most conclusive, but since I had no hard proof, I was never actually positive on it being the official fault in me. Time Vortex was number one, while bitten by a radioactive spider was on the bottom of the list. Though, I just threw that one in there as a joke."

Wanda chuckled somewhat, watching how the Doctor looked ready to fall over from the shock. She stopped chuckling, watching how he also appeared to be . . . relieved in a way. "But that isn't just it, is it? If it was simply the Time Vortex, then you would have told me ages ago. No . . . there's something else, isn't there? Something even more dangerous that makes you terrified to ever tell me. Am I right?"

The Doctor winced and looked away. Truth be told, he was greatly relieved. Overjoyed, really, that Kovarian and the Silence seemed to be oblivious to the truth. That the woman had not revealed the secret to Wanda. Sure . . . telling Wanda about the Time Vortex will cause issues, but . . . at least she still did not remember. That was the real truth to which he wished she would never, in all her life, ever have to go through. Plus, there was still something remained very well hidden within her. Something he hoped would remain that way for a very, very long time.

"You can't know. Not yet," the Doctor breathed quietly, barely above a whisper. Wanda nodded understanding completely.

"Okay. I trust you," Wanda told him, smiling in reassurance that she trusted him fully and completely.

"Well, apparently you didn't trust me enough," the Doctor said with a small pout. "You went off to research this on your own? Really?"

"I was curious and bored. It was never because I didn't trust you. It was because I like solving mysterious. Like I said, all I researched was put on a list of theories. I was never going to conclude anything until you told me the truth. I only trust your words. Not my own or that of a book." Wanda smiled at him. "So . . . will I ever find out the 'deadly truth' to me?"

The Doctor nodded sadly, wishing he could say 'no' and always keep her safe from the truth. "One day. But not now."

"All right, then." Wanda pointed her finger sternly at him. "But we are discussing this Time Vortex business later. I know how deadly and dangerous that, in itself, truly is."

"What the hell is more dangerous than the Time Vortex?!" Kovarian shouted angrily, more or less enraged that she and the Silence did not already know the full truth to the Wanderer. "The Time Vortex is the most deadly and dangerous weapon against any of us. That is why she is known as the Universe's Weapon. What more can there possibly be?"