Chapter 3

My mother stormed out of the room as soon as I said those three words though, I couldn't care less. Sleep was needed so sleep I would receive. I understand her anger but wonder why she thinks it's still safe here.

Shouldn't she care for me and my wishes? That's what I hear people around town talk about. Children complain to their parents and the only thing said in response are those few words. Though she should better learn to live with my wishes because I plan to leave as soon as possible, with Mathew and Darius or not I do not care. I love my family but want a different life than this even if it means leaving them behind.

Terrasen.

I remember visiting it a few times in the past. I only got quick glimpses but I'd already fallen in love with that powerful and beautiful kingdom. And now they have even prettier males to look at.

At least that's what I hear. Since the war, we've been forbidden from going to Terrasen or Adarlan unless completely necessary. The bans on slavery limited our stretch across the lands and are slowly moving to other places as well. Eyllwe never allowed slavery but the ban was lifted when the valg took over. The Western wastes brought in the rule as well but don't follow them as strictly as others hoped.

The presence of those still powerful kingdoms banning stuff that keeps me alive also endangers us. At any moment our little village on the edge of the White Fang Mountains could have been stormed, any owners of slaves arrested and we ourselves liberated. So wards were placed around to keep anyone unwanted out and away and let everyone forget we even existed.

Though I should find those few facts comforting I feel like I'm in more danger. My whole life is illegal. It's mainly the murdering part of my life which is illegal. I would most likely be arrested for that rather than saved. Plus I think the lord from that one city might want his mother and father's jewellery back. I stole it after removing their heads from their body. I don't remember much about where they lived but I like the crowns they both had a lot.

Turns out though I wasn't going to be able to sleep for very long though as there was a last-minute decision of a dinner with us all in attendance. Sadly those dinners meant dressing up and looking presentable. Presentable for me though was changing into a nice dress and brushing my hair.

This nice dress though, showed more of my body than what would be practical for a simple dinner meeting. It was basically a singular piece of rectangular fabric with hooks and clasps that, if you didn't know what you were doing, would scar away most wearers. The way it wraps around my body leaves large slits showing off both my legs that eventually covered my breasts. I still don't even understand how it works and I've worn it for years.

Something about a panel of fabric in between my legs that gets hidden by the rest of the fabric when reaching my torso but when I looked for that panel I found nothing. It's a confusing lump of fabric but, I like it. It shows off my tattoos and my damn perfect body. The gold stood out on my deeper tanned skin tone. The gold around my hairline is like a crown or a headband decorating my curled hair.

I wouldn't say I'm not confident about my looks but I didn't go downstairs until I felt like I looked perfect. When I reached the dining room downstairs I wasn't surprised that Darius wasn't there yet. He always focused on his looks. His looks are basically the way he communicates. He looks good he feels good. He looks like he's about to kill someone though, he's about to kill someone.

When Darius arrived Mica got straight to business. "They are having a masquerade ball in Terrasen to celebrate the winning of the war. Anyone who participated or was affected is invited to attend." A Masquerade ball? "I shall be attending myself and Celeste will be staying back."

"So who are you taking with you?" Mathew got straight to the point. He, along with the rest of us knew he wanted one of us to come. Preferably, most likely, my mother or i.

"Sarin will be coming," Mica stated and looked at me and smiled. It would have been smart to keep the poker face I practised so much but it was a bit too late for that. The food that was in my mouth is now on the plate. My jaw dropped so quickly there was no stopping it.

He knows, I slipped into Mathew's mind as soon as I saw the fatter male smile.

Oh he most definitely knows.

"We'll be leaving immediately after the dinner is finished-" Mica smiled once again "-your things are already packed. We'll be travelling in a small group so no need to worry, we will be there in no time."

My things are already packed. There will be no talking to the others. No way we could plan a way to run away together. We are so most definitely screwed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early update as I wanted to get this part of the story finished. These first three chapters were just a bit of a backstory and from here on out the next part and actual story will start.

Thank you for reading! Please don't forget to vote, comment and add this story to your reading list so you can get notifications about updates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~