Chapter 6

My eyes widened as I registered what I did

My eyes widened as I registered what I did. I just punched a member of the court with the prince outside. I stepped back and bent my legs slightly, prepared to run or attack.

Fenrys's head shot back and almost instantly his nose started bleeding. It was even crooked.

My hands shot up to my mouth as I panicked. "I'm so sorry i-"

"Don't stress it princess-" he smirked, "-you got a good left hook though."

I take it back. I'm not sorry and I'm going to punch him again.

I watched as he brought his hand up to his nose and snapped it back into place. He pinched it to slow down the blood that started falling later. One of the healers in the room ran forward to give him a bowl and then they all just disappeared into the shadows. He let go of his nose and let the blood run into the bowl.

I stay quiet as he does.

Why should I speak? I let my emotions get to me, both by running away at the slightest hint of freedom and by attacking him. I'm no safer here than anywhere else.

I wonder if everyone was saying that to bait us or if they didn't know either. We, they, are hidden away from other kingdoms. All food is grown and raised there; clothes, weapons and materials are made there too. Only persons of certain status could leave the borders so why did I believe them.

I stared at the blood and focused on the sound of it and the breathing of our audience.

Our silence seems to have summoned the prince as he strode in quite quickly...and cursed instantly.

"What the fuck happened here?" his low voice rumbled through the room.

"You left me alone, that's what happened." The bleeding blonde replied. The ground was swaying beneath my feet, my legs weaker than they should be. I looked at my hand and saw it shaking.

I turned around and found a chair a few feet away. I grabbed the chair and brought it closer to the males before sitting down.

Steady drumming filled my ears. My hands moved to my head and rested on my neck finding their way to my pulse point and I focused on my neck and the feeling, counting each beat.

When I stopped shaking I looked at the prince. Studied the tattoo running down the side of his face and the slightly long hair tied back. His face was stern but there was a soft look in his expression. He looked at me but didn't speak.

When I finally spoke my voice was more confident than I expected. It completely contradicted my body language or what I said. "Are you going to punish me?"

"Why did you punch him?" The prince got straight to the point.

"I came here thinking that I would be safe but I was wrong."

"Safe from what?"

Fenrys opened his mouth and I entered his mind and targeted the part of his brain that controls speech. No words came out. I watched as his eyes widened and his mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"Doesn't matter," I muttered. And dropped my head threading my fingers together. "I thought I would be safe here but turns out I'm not, please don't let him get me again."

I probably just ruined everything. They'll kill me or send me back.

The white-haired male stayed still as if in thought. "We need to talk somewhere else," he grunted and walk out the door. I watched the prince, needing privacy to talk surely means I'll be safe... or punished.

I went to follow but fenrys tapped on my shoulder and pointed to his mouth. Oh right.

I pull back from his mind but he doesn't speak. I raise an eyebrow, beckoning him to say something.

"What did you do?" he whispers. I say nothing and walk after the prince satisfied with the fact he can speak once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update, I've had a bad week and also couldnt figure out how to write this scene so that is why it's a bit short.

Thank you for reading! Please don't forget to vote, comment and add this story to your reading list so you can get notifications about updates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~