Ch.12

Grace groaned as she woke in bed with Warren. They had been awake most of the night having sex.

Grace smiled as Warren opened his eyes. He looked to her. "What time is it?" He asked as he yawned.

"Half 6. You've got that meeting at the school. About enrolling Belle. I spoke to Patrick Blake and he said as long as Belle isn't a troublemaker, he doesn't see any issue in enrolling her."

Warren groaned and nodded. "Don't suppose you want to come? Belle will talk more if you're there," he said.

Grace smiled. "You know I will. Why wouldn't I? Belle is mine just as much as yours. I know I didn't give birth to her. But she is."

"Why are you so accepting of this? I walked out on my daughter. I left her behind."

Grace took his hand. "Because. We lost our baby. Our little girl. And we have a chance to change Belle's life. And I know you would have taken her with you, if you could."

Warren smiled and kissed her. "The last time I saw her when I left, she was fast asleep in bed. And I didn't think I'd ever see her again. I wanted so badly to take her. But her mum would have gotten me done for kidnap."

***
Warren and Grace were sitting on the sofa. Belle left her bedroom and sighed. "I guess I have to go to this meeting at the school?" She asked.

Warren nodded. "Afraid so princess. It'll be fine. Grace is coming too."

"Oh. Okay. That makes it seem better."

Warren frowned. He hated how his daughter didn't feel comfortable around him. It broke his heart.

Grace smiled. "Youre going to be okay. You know that right?" She said.

"Okay."

***
The meeting at the school had gone well. Belle had started that day. Grace had gone to see her mum while Warren was at the club.

Sandy smiled as Grace walked in. "How did it go at the school?" She asked.

"It went okay. She's there now. She really is a great kid mum. Despite everything that's happened," Grace said.

Sandy nodded. "I'm just worried that you've taken on too much. Especially after losing Dolcie. I know how much that broke you."

Grace sighed. "I know where you're going with this mum. I love you. But don't go there. Belle is here to stay. Warren and I want to make this work. I want your support. And if you can't, then I don't know what else to say," she told her.

Sandy took her hand. "You're my baby. I just don't want you to regret your choice to take on a damaged girl."

"She's only damaged because of her mum. She's a perfect girl. And I have the chance to change her life. Please just accept that," Grace said as she looked to her.

Sandy nodded and smiled. "I do accept that love. I just want you to be sure that this is what you want."

"It is."

***
Grace and Warren were sitting in the club together. Warren smiled. "I know it's not the right time. But would you ever want to have another baby?" He asked.

"I'd love to. I just... I'm scared. You know? In case the same thing happens again."

"I know babe. Me too."

Grace smiled and kissed him. "Let's just focus on Belle and us for now. And then when the time is right, we can try again?"

Warren nodded and smiled. But he had no idea just how everything was about to come crashing down between them both.