Worth the Wait

MONTH 4

Months ago, you wouldn't have been here. Your 'No' would have been firm, end of story firm. But here you were buying a new damn dress and he wasn't letting you look at the price tags. What was wrong with the dress he bought you two weeks ago? Some people at the last party were crossing over into this one and there was no way he was going to let you show up in the same dress.

What was even worse was, you were having fun... Damn Taehyung! He held up a red dress in front of you and you pushed it away,

"No red!" You said firmly.

"Why not? It's super hot!" You rolled my eyes. He didn't put it back, just adds it to the collection on his arm and you groaned because you'll probably end up trying it on, but you're not wearing a red dress, you just won't. You would have to find another dress that makes him forget about that one.

After a few minutes of browsing, you think you found it. You add it to the pile and walk to the dressing room. Tae feels the fabric and bites his lip. Got him. He hangs them up for you and you push him out when he asks if he can stay. 

You tried on the first dress, the one that you had just found. It's champagne colored with sequins that fall down the skirt looking like rain and the fabric is soft and light. The neckline plunges really low and you almost take it off immediately. What stops you is that your sternum tattoo is on full display, the Japanese cherry blossoms that curve under and just on top of your right breast. You feel exposed, but beautiful. In front it brushes just above your knee but almost mid calf in the back. You don't say this often, ever really, but you want this dress.

You walked out of the dressing room and Taehyung stares at you open mouthed, "Damn girl! You look fucking amazing!" He grinned and waggled his eyebrows. And sold, you won't need to try on anything else. You giggled, actually giggled and swung your hips side to side to watch the dress flow. 

Two days later, Taehyung had an arm around your waist and as he introduced you to people he knew, you felt so at ease. Four months ago, you would have declined the offer to come with him. Your life has changed a lot in the last four months.

You liked this party a lot more than the last one. The last one was stiff and formal, a work event. Taehyung was uptight, which made you feel uptight. But here he is loose and having fun and you feel yourself relax.

You soon saw some faces that you recognized. Namjoon thumped Taehyung's shoulder as he came up. Jimin took a piece of your dress and rubbed it between his thumb and pointer finger before Jin slapped him and he let go. 

There's a face you don't recognize and after he has greeted Taehyung, he reached over to shake your hand. His hair was dark and he had a huge, cute, innocent smile that quickly turned into a smirk as he bored holes into you with his large inky eyes.

"My name's Jungkook." 

You all fell into companionable conversation but you caught Jimin and Jungkook exchanging glances and you can't miss the way that Jungkook's eyes linger on your breasts and travel down my legs. The fabric of your dress is so thin and you knew it was clinging to your body. Goosebumps flushed down your arms. 

Taehyung noticed Jungkook's long stares and flicked him hard in the forehead. Jimin and Jin fell into each other as they laughed and Jungkook rubbed his forehead and apologized, an innocent smile back on his face. 

"Here comes trouble," Namjoon smirked and took a sip of his drink. Everyone turned their heads in the direction that he was looking. The group parted and welcomed two new comers. They were holding hands, one shorter than the other, his hair a delicious mint color. His partner had red hair and one of the biggest smiles you had ever seen.