You Always Win

MONTH 10

Taehyung parked the car and you walked to the elevator hand in hand. You had just spent the evening at a restaurant that played live jazz music. Before Taehyung, you would have walked in and walked right out, but after almost a year of dating him, You could see the beauty and soul in it. You could appreciate it, but maybe not love love it as much as him.

He was serenading you in his low baritone as you waited for the elevator. The doors opened and he pulled you in, pushing you gently against the wall as he pushed the button for your floor. He was humming now, fingers lightly brushing your eyebrows, cheekbones, and lips. You let your eyes flutter shut as he gently kissed your forehead. All too soon, the elevator dinged and the doors slide open.

He pulled away, intertwining his fingers in yours as he led the way out of the elevator and down to your apartment. You felt your phone vibrating and pulled it out of your pocket. It was your mom, it was so late, why was she calling? A shot of adrenaline skittered through your body. You shook you hand out of Tae's and answered.

"Hello?" You asked breathlessly.

"Y/N, hey baby, I hope I didn't wake you?" She was trying to sound chipper, but you could hear the sniffle in her voice, she was crying.

"No of course not, what's the matter?" Tae gently put a hand on your back and guided you into the apartment. You dropped your purse on the counter and sat at the dining table.

"Your dad has been in an accident, I'm at the hospital right now."

"Is he alright? What happened?" More sniffling as she drew a deep breath. You glanced at Tae as your eyes started to fill with tears, he came to you at once, placing a hand on the back of your head and mouthed 'everything ok?'

"Car accident, a car turned turned right in front of him. The car's totaled, oh you should see the car!" She sobbed.

"Mom?" You asked mostly to prompt her to keep going and stay on track,

"He has a concussion, some stiches, he broke a few ribs," She took a deep breath to stop the sob building up in her voice, "But other than that, everything else is just minor injuries. Oh Y/N!" The sob she was trying to stop broke through.

You got to your feet agitated, shucking off your coat and throwing it on the table as you headed to the living room to pace.

"Mom do you want me to come?" You felt tears pour over and wiped them away hurriedly. "It will take a couple of hours," You looked at Tae for approval and he nodded quickly, "but we can leave right now." He nodded again. A fresh wave of tears flow.

"You don't have to," My mother said hurriedly, but you could tell she wanted and needed the emotional support.

"We'll be there soon, let me know if anything changes and I'll let you know when we are close!" You paused for a second, feeling your emotion clawing at the back of you throat, "I love you mom."

"I love you too baby, drive safe, I'll see you soon. And Y/N, thanks for coming." You hung up and dropped onto the couch, finally letting your tears flow with a short sob. In an instant, Tae was crouching in front of you, caressing your knees.

"What happened baby?" He coaxed gently.

"My dad was in a car accident. He's ok," You said quickly, wiping your tears and taking a deep breath, "He has a concussions, some broken ribs." You cleared your throat and Tae reached up to put a hand on the back of your head, holding it steady as he kissed your forehead.

"Let's go pack an overnight bag," He tugged you gently to your feet.

"It's really ok that we go?"