Domesticity is Catching

MONTH 9

Tokyo changed a lot of things for you and Taehyung. It brought you closer and showed you how you could work as a team. Arranging and communicating your schedules, working through small domestic disputes, sharing a living space, even talking about money on a more equal footing than you ever had before.

As your plane left the runway and took off into the sky, you were suddenly worried that you would lose it all if you went back to the way things were before. And that's how you got here, two weeks later unpacking all of your things into Taehyung's apartment.

It was a little bit, well actually really scary to leave behind your trusty apartment, sell all your furniture, and then meld you life with Kim Taehyung's. But it felt right.

It started off as a normal evening. After unpacking your stuff for most of the day, the two of you were tangled up on the couch, kissing each other lazily, unhurried, just enjoying the feeling of being together when the doorbell rang.

You both stared at the door for a moment, unsure, before Tae got up and answered it. You stretched contentedly on the couch and listened to his bare feet pad across the room. You sat up as he opened it to see who it was.

"Tae Bae, we're not late are we?" You'd know that voice anywhere! You got up and hurried to the door. You peaked around Tae's arm to see Hobi and Yoongi and you broke out into a huge smile. Hobi made a funny sound, the kind of sound you make when you see a cute puppy, and pulled you into a tight hug.

"You forgot didn't you?" Yoongi laughed. Taehyung stuttered, looking at you still trapped in Hobi's arms.

"I forgot I invited them over for dinner..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. Hobi let you go.

"We can come another time, really!" Hobi stepped away from you and back to Yoongi in the hall.

You and Tae both protested and led them inside.

"We have nothing decent in the fridge, what are we going to feed them?" You whispered to Taehyung nervously.

Hobi slung an arm around your shoulder and led you to the couch.

"Don't be mad at your boyfriend, promise me you won't be mad at him! We'll make plans through you next time!" You just nodded, feeling flustered. You would have cleaned, put on some makeup and clean clothes.

You looked over at Taehyung who was looking sheepish and mouthed 'sorry' to you and you frowned.

"Would take out be ok? There's a lovely place not to far that has pretty fast delivery!" He said to Yoongi.

"Sure, that sounds good." Yoongi and Tae began to sort out the food and Hobi drew back your attention by grabbing both of your hands.

"So how was Tokyo?" He began, eyes sparkling, "I wish we could have visited, but the timing was bad. Yoongi was just finishing up an album."

"And you had that new group debuting," Yoongi added and Hobi nodded,

"We had to nail the choreography, so it was just bad timing on our part."

You all settled down on the couch as you waited for our food to arrive. Tae poured a glass of wine for Yoongi, Hoseok and himself, and handed you a wine glass filled with juice. You suppressed a giggle as you accepted it. You've never been a drinker and Tae was so cute and accepting about it.

"Are you pregnant?" Hoseok asked, brows knit together, staring at the juice. You felt the blush explode all over you face. You shook your head quickly, Taehyung was laughing hysterically next to you, no help at all.

"No, I just don't drink!"

"You don't drink?" Yoongi asked incredulously.

"Not that you look pregnant, you really don't! You look great!" Hobi said hurriedly.

"It would be awkward if you were, you would need a paternity test!" Yoongi laughed into his wine and Hobi stifled a laugh behind his hand as he hit Yoongi's thigh.

Taehyung was laughing so hard, he could barely breath. You were so mortified, you don't even know what to say. Tae took a few deep breathes and wiped his eyes,

"Who told you?"

"Jin, of course," Yoongi said smugly, "He tells me everything. But honestly if I had seen Namjoon sooner, he probably would have told me too."

"Secrets are only safe with Jimin!" Hobi laughed and winked at you, and you finally felt like you can smile. Though you felt really hot and fanned your face.

"I heard some cosplay took place?" Hobi wiggled his eyebrows at you and you blushed again.

"We're not talking about that!" You said quickly, hitting Tae who had started laughing again. He pulled you to him and kissed the top of your head as you protested. Just then the doorbell rang and Tae went to answer the door, followed by Yoongi.

"I don't mean to tease, you just blush so beautifully! Now tell me honestly, you didn't do anything with Jin and Namjoon, did you?" Hobi laughed as you blush again.

"Hobi! You're so mean to me!"

After dinner, You ended up on the couch with Hobi's head in your lap. You played with his hair as you watched your boys talking about some new music.

"So moving in, that's a big deal," Hobi said quietly enough that only you could hear him.

"Tae has been wanting me to for a long time, I'm just a scaredy cat!"

"You're like Yoongi, I'm like Taehyung. I was all gunho, let's move forward, what are we waiting for? But you're nicer than Yoongi, he was like 'no' and walked away," Hobi started laughing as he told his story and you laughed too, "But in the end, we ended up on the same page, so that's what matters." You continued to play with his hair as you sat in silence for a few heartbeats.

"Do you think you'll marry him?" Your hands stopped in his hair and he looked up at you, raising his eyebrows at you. You looked at Tae, who choose that moment to look at you and wink before turning his attention back to Yoongi.

"It wouldn't be such a bad lot," Hobi went on.

"It would be like getting off of a roller coaster and having to walk 8 miles in shoes that don't fit well."

Hobi sat up and looked at you, "Why would you ever choose to live a boring life? It's not like life gets more boring once you commit? I don't know about you, but the moment I committed my life to Yoongi, the sex got better, the dates got funner, the days felt more peaceful, everything was better." He smiled widely at you.

"I know I talk a big flirt game, but damn, nothing compares to bed head Yoongi kissing my shoulder before he gets in the shower every morning. Nothing!"

You looked at Taehyung, catching the freckle on the underside of his nose, watching the way his tongue slid out to lick his top lip. You looked back at Hobi. He shrugged,

"Something to think about! Now, play with my hair again," He flopped back down on you lap and you put your hands back in his hair. He hummed, "I should have had you bring me home a cat tail."

"Yah!" You hit his chest and attempted to shove him off your lap. He just laughed long and loud.