Chapter 5 - Her Bedroom

It was sunday

It was sunday. I was sleeping peacefully when my stupid phone suddenly started ringing! Seriously, why do they always call at the worst possible times? It's like they enjoy ruining my sleep every single morning.

I picked up my phone with the intention of throwing it. But then I remembered the incident from last month when I broke my old phone. Yeah, don't wanna do that again. So I decided to hang up the call just like that.

With a grumpy sigh, I got out of bed. I did my usual morning routine and then went to the kitchen. I cooked some noodles and ate them while watching music on TV. After finishing my breakfast, I washed the dishes.

Out of the blue, I started sneezing like crazy! Just to be clear, I don't believe in that superstitious stuff where people think of you and you start sneezing.

It was at that moment when I looked around and noticed the dust everywhere. It was seriously dusty.

Ok varun. It's time for you to grab a cloth and get down to some serious cleaning. Dust, you better watch out cause I'm coming for you.

I turned up the TV volume, covered my mouth with a kerchief, and started cleaning while listening to music. I think it had been about a month since I last cleaned my house.

While I was cleaning, I found a lot of things that I no longer wanted. I stopped cleaning and started throwing them away. Do you know what happened next?

My whole house turned into a mess! Every room was filled with scattered items, from books and clothes to kitchen utensils.It looked like a rat went on a rampage all over my house.

Finally, there was this one room that I hadn't touched. It used to be my ex-wife's bedroom. She locked it up when she moved out and gave me the key, but I never actually set foot inside after that. I'm making it sound like the room is locked because there might be a ghost inside. Lol

Two years ago

After our wedding, my new wife and I jumped in my car and drove from our hometown to Chennai. We were both still dressed in our wedding attire. She was wearing a beautiful wedding saree. I'm talking about only saree. And me, I was still in my dhothi. No time to change cause i couldn't stand around there even for a minute. All eyes were on me, and she was standing close, which made it even more uncomfortable.

I wanted to bail but then everyone started babbling about how a wife should always stick with her husband after marriage. Seriously, what kind of rule is that? On top of that, she mentioned that she had some important work at her company. It all seemed like a bunch of nonsense. In the end, I had no other option but to go along with it.

"Is this where you've been living? It looks like a haunted house," her jaw dropped in disbelief as we got out of the car.

"You coming inside or what?" I asked her.