~Chapter 12~

I had been in the process of purchasing a home in Lafayette when we got engaged. My real estate agent did me a favor and did a second walk through with me and Chris so he could see the home. I told him I had already put in a bid for the home after Michael had left us at the home. The home had six bedrooms and five bathrooms in it. There was a pool out back. It also had a movie/game room, a workout room and so much more.

I explained to him that I did not want to uproot Stevie and take her away from her friends with her starting high school next year. Moving at this age is hard on a kid. I thought he was going to be upset with me about the whole house thing, but he wasn't. He agreed to moving to Lafayette, but he was going to keep his home in California. He would just have the utilities suspended when we weren't out there.

The master bedroom was downstairs so that was a good thing. I don't think I would eventually be able to make it up and down the stairs. Katie came over and helped us was decorating. Chris decided to turn the pool house into a studio and I was good with that. There was a small library room downstairs that I doubled as my office. There was one more bedroom downstairs and after talking to Katie, we decided to make that the nursery.

We had discussed having a gender reveal party after we found out the genders. Katie said she would handle that for me if that's what I wanted. I asked Chris and he said any time we had the opportunity to have a party, to have a party. I felt so bloated at four months and was very visible pregnant. Chris had flown out to California to do some things, so Katie went to my OB/GYN appointment with me.

My ultrasound tech, Abby, was so sweet. She was young and hadn't been too long out of school. We told her we were going to have a gender reveal party, but we wanted to know the sex of the babies. She started moving the wand around.

"Baby A is a.... girl," she said sweetly. "If you'll look right there," she said and pointed. "See?"

"I get another niece," Katie said as she squeezed my hand.

"Let's get over here to Baby B," Abby said. "Hey baby, how are you today? Are you going to be sweet and let us know if you're a boy or a girl?"

"Come on, love bug," I said.

"Oh! There we go," Abby said. "This one is a boy."

She drew a circle on the screen to show us.

"One of each," Katie said. "I love it."

"Have you and Chris been talking about names," Abby asked me.

"He told me I could name them whatever I wanted to."

"Any idea of what you want to name them," Katie asked.

"I know what their first names are going to be."

"Will you tell us," Abby asked.

"Sure. I'm staying in the S family. His name will be Simon and her name will be Santana."

"Let me guess," Katie said. "Paul Simon and Carlos Santana?"
I giggled at her.

"I like it," Abby said.

"Thank you, Abby."
"I'm sure you will come up with some awesome middle names."

"I'm sure she will," Katie said.

***

We invited everyone down for the gender reveal party and they all RSVP'd saying they were coming! I messaged them all back and told them they could just stay with us because we had the room. Everyone else was local or close enough to drive to the party. I had started working on the sequel to Dirty Little Fairy Tale, so I had been couped up in my office writing a lot. Since the character of Atlas was pretty damn popular, I decided to write the sequel of Dirty Little Fairy Tale from Atlas' perspective.