Chapter 2 : Foreign Grounds

Ethan's POV

I finally finished off reviewing the reports for the month. I leaned back in my chair and stretched, no one told me about being an Alpha means being stuck in a chair all day.

"Alpha, we found a girl at the border,"Beta Trov said in the pack link. 

"Ok, but why did you notify me?" I asked.

"Well, this girl has no scent."

I immediately got up, no way she was here.

I ran over to the window and jumped out of the window which was two stories above the ground. Before I landed I shifted into my brown and grey wolf, shredding my clothes in the process. I smelled the ground and followed Trov's scent.

I got to the part of our territory that the grass meets the sand on the shore line. They were separated by vines and boulders, covered in moss. and a weird scent filled the air. I shifted and ran up to Trov, He was 20 years old, he was very muscular, with a 8 pack showing in all it's glory. He has light brown hair and blue eyes and has brown and white skin. There was a white spot covering a good portion of his neck and face. But his most important feature is he has a habit of taking his shirt off. 

I asked said,"Where?"

Someone gave me clothes to put on.

He pointed at one boulder where a girl was sleeping. He said,"We found a bow and a quiver near her also, Alpha."

She was laying against the rock sleeping peacefully. She had long wet brown hair, with a dark blue bandage covering her left eye. She was wearing baggy grey shorts and a crop top with fingerless gloves. They were tons of complex blue tattoos around her body with swirls and dots. She was skinny but a little muscular, she looked as almost as tall as my 6 foot tall figure. But she was injured, they were few large gashes on her body bleeding. There was blood trickling down frome her head, and also her right wrist was turned the wrong way.

 I sighed in relief, that this wasn't who I thought she was. She smelled funny though. I knelled down and sniffed her again. She smelled sweet, like those berries that grow on the high trees. I could feel my wolf wanting to scream, I was confused but then I realized it, I said,"Mate?"

Trov and the other pack members gasped. Trov instantly ran up to my and said,"Congrats!!! You know it took your father like 5 years to find his. Your lucky."

 A thousand thoughts ran through my head but I ignored them, I don't have them for that.

She was hurt, that made me angry. I carried her carefully to not hurt her more,"Everyone return to your duties please, especially Trov."

He looked annoyed but walked away with the border patrol team behind him.

Some time later

I paced the floor in the pack house living room, my mate was laying on the couch here because it was closer than the doctor's place. And we didn't want to risk moving her that much, I said impatiently,"Well?"

Our pack doctor, Lori was checking on her. She has short white hair that is combed to her left. Part of it was covering her left eye. She had stormy blue eyes and a white, short sleeved, lab coat and a tank top underneath, with skinny jeans. She had tanned skin and a lean build.

She said,"Well she obviously has a concussion and a broken wrist. It is a miracle she doesn't have an infection from her wounds. Much less being sick from floating in the sea for so long."

I stared at her concerned, she notices and she sighed and said,"It'll be fine, I'll set her wrist now and bandage her up and clean her wounds, and all that. Also I'm not paying for a new couch."