Chapter 7 : What Defines A Person?

Ethan's POV

I was eating some food with some of the pack member's I had never seen before. We were at a small wooden table near the center bonfire.

Today was a celebration of the moon goddess, after this we will go on a run as wolves, it is not mandatory to join but everyone mostly will anyway. 

I was siting quietly at the other's talked loudly and almost acted like I wasn't here.

A man asked me,"Hey Ethan, can I have off tomorrow for pack duties? I accidently promised my little brother to hang out at the same day."

Before I could say anything, I heard a growl behind me. I turned to find Trov glaring at the man, he said,"You will treat the Alpha with respect. And also no you may not."

The man immediately submitted and everyone else did to which made the table a bit uncomfortable. I chuckled a bit nervously and pulled Trov away with me. As we walked I saw Ava carrying an unconscious Snow on her back. She waved at me and I blushed a bit and I waved back. Man I still need to talk with the both of them.

We got to foot of one of the massive trees, I turned around and ask Trov,"What was that?"

Trov said almost with anger,"You can't keep lettings people walk all over you like that!!"

"It's fine, it's not like anyones going to try and kill me or something."I huffed out.

Trov was clearly annoyed, he said,"That's not the point!! The reason no ones trying to challenge you is because they love you for what you have done for them. That's dosen't mean you should not demand some respect. People will still like you and treat you like an actually Alpha, not some pushover."

I looked at the ground and said nothing.

He sighed and said,"I am telling you this as my Alpha and friend, you would be helping this pack as a whole if you be more pushy."

I said quietly,"But... I don't want to be like .... him."

He put his hands on my shoulders and made me look at him. His eyes looked different, more soft and kind. He said softly,"You won't. Okay? Just... think about it okay."

I looked away and nodded.

Ava's POV

I woke up feel great today.

I grabbed my bow and decided to do some target practice today. Today will be me last day of recovery, I will make a plan starting tomorrow.

I flew down, a few wolves ran by as I pulled in my wings. I narrowly dodged them as I went in the pack house. It was nothing grand now that I realize it, it looked like it would be fancy on the outside but inside it looked like a normal house. Like a large dormitory, I walked to the kitchen area. 

I grabbed some things to make a drink. There was two girls in the kitchen who were talking while eating something at a counter. They were both muscular girls, one with black hair had a sword at her side and the other with red dyed hair, had daggers that were connected by chains. 

The black hair girl looked to be 6'1, she had light brown skin and dark green eyes. She was wearing a tank top to show her muscles and camo pants with a long sword attached to her belt. 

The red hair girl looked to be 5'9, she had dark brown skin and bright blue eyes. She was wearing a loose t shirt and at her side had large daggers that had chains connecting together.