Chapter 4 : Introductions

Ava's POV

I yawned and got up and stretched my arms. I thought I was back home for a sec. Just for a second.

It was early in the morning, the sun illuminated the room with tin red light. I could see dust particles in the air.

I got out of my bed and did a small workout routine because I didn't want to stress out my body. I was restrained to do less uperbody workouts becuase my wrist was in a cast.

A person came in the room with I was about to finish, he said,"Alpha wants to talk to you Lu-" He coughed and said,"wants to see you."

I got up and stood in front of him, I could tell he looked a bit intimidated with me towering above him. He cleared his throat and walked with me following behind him.

We went to a room in the second corridor of the second floor. He opened it and left. Inside was office room kind of like the chief's back home. There was a large wooden desk in the middle covered with stacks of paper, the side filled with books of all kinds. There was two cushion chairs in front of the desk and one behind it.

A tired person was behind it, it was the same man as last night, so he is an Alpha. I thought and Alpha would look more... I don't know but he looked really done with everything. He noticed me and his eyes sparkled.

He said,"Hey."

I waved and then sat in on of the chairs in front of the desk.

"We haven't introduced our selves yet right?"He said.

I took a pencils from the desk and played with it,"Well I was busy trying to escape you mutts."

He chuckled a bit,"I suppose that's fair, my name is Ethan Floaring."

I didn't understand why, but I gave him my real name,"I am Ava, avains don't have last names like wolves."

Ethan smiled a bit,"Well Ava, it's fine honest. Anyway I asked you here to discuss your situation."

My expression darkened, he said,"Okay, I am going to be straight with you. As much as I want to help you, I can't."

I crossed my arms as he continued,"There is to many risk factors in trying to help you get your people back and as Alpha I must prioritized the safety of my pack first. But I can let you stay here for how ever long to want."

"Why did you stop me from leaving then?"I asked.

"Because you would have died out there by not knowing anything about the lands and your injuries."He said.

"Okay, let me rephrase it, why do you care weather I live or die?"

He was silent, he was about to say something but kept his mouth shut. 

I sighed and said,"Okay, I don't blame you for not helping. I never thought I'll say this but you wolves really do care about each other. I will stay until my injures are healed and until I formulate a plan."

He sighed in relief, I glared at him. He held his hands up and said,"I'm just glad, you didn't deicide to kill your self. Also I am assigning Trov to... be your traveling companion around the pack. It's not becuase I don't trust you, but it will be for if people didn't get my message last night about you staying here"

I got up suddenly, he jumped back, startled. I smiled,"Thank you Alpha Ethan. Even though your help was not the best, you have my thanks."

He looked away, he was blushing so hard. He quietly said,"Uhhhh, Beta Trov is waiting in the side entrance where we came in before!"

He was cute I thought in my head, I shook it off and walked downstairs.

Some Time later...