ritchie valens #1

Hello, there. An update again. This time I'm branching out to different eras of music. Just imagine it's what would've been for the rest if the winter dance party and they don't die in a plane crash. Onto the page at hand.

-------+-------

The crowd roared unlike any crowd, Ritchie had seen. He really made it and was the most popular musician out there. Who knew a kid like him could make people this crazy. It was a gift or that's what J.P says to him after every show.

"Hey, Ritchie." Buddy calls out, patting his back.

"Another sold out show." He hollers, the roar of the crowd muffling his sentence.

Buddy nods. Not knowing a single word he said but nodded nonetheless.

J.P's crowd was louder than ritchies, if that was even possible. Ritchie couldn't wait for the next town in the tour. The busses that they gave the bands were broke down and shitty, in buddy's words. They got bus after bus but finally they'd had enough and decided to just rent out vans and campers for when we'd stay extended.

"I cant wait till Donna comes to one of the shows." Ritchie smiled, think about his girl back home.

He loved her dearly but she just wasn't giving him the time of day but he stuck it out. He was gonna marry this girl. He had it all planned out too. Next town she was planning on coming and seeing him play and afterwards he would quietly propose back stage.

"Hey, kitten." Ritchie sat next to Sandra, the newspaper intern writing a piece on the winter dance tour.

"Oh, hey Ritchie. Crazy out there, huh?" Sandy said, leaning into Ritchie's side and letting Waylon pass.

"Yeah. It's crazy. I cant wait till Donna comes down next week and sees me play." Ritchie smiled, chuckling at the sight of J.P being bombarded with fan girls of all sorts.

She looked out into the distance at J.P and envied his fame. How she would love to sing her heart out and have fans fawning over her.

"You good Dandy?" Ritch asked, snapping her back to reality.

"Yep. All good." She smiled, faltering a bit.

"You'll get out there one day." Ritchie comforted, rubbing her back.

"Thanks." Sandy smiled, avoiding his gaze.

"Hello, baby!" J.P hollered, galloping backstage.

Sandra jumped making Ritchie laugh as well as the rest of them.

"Your such a scared kitten." Ritchie mentioned, She punched his side.

Sandra left the boys alone and went to phone her mother, Pauline.

"Hey, mom. How's everything at home?" She asked, the receiver clicked.

"Everything's good. Ethel passed her math test last week." Pauline answered.

"Oh,that's good. I know how hard she studied and how she was trying not to fail that class." Sandy laughed, wriggling the wire around her fingers.