𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

❝ Thinking of you keeps me awake at night

Thinking of you keeps me awake at night.

╔═ ╒══════╕ ═╗

𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎?

» [ 𝚢𝚎𝚜 ] « [ 𝚗𝚘 ]

╚═ ╘══════╛ ═╝

You looked between the two nervously, fiddling with the letter in your fingers. Byakuya came up behind you, glancing over your shoulder to look at the letter suspiciously.

"B-But," Makoto stuttered anxiously, looking at the fancy letter. "We shouldn't read other people's mail without their permission."

"What we shouldn't do is leave this here without finding out what's inside," Kyoko sent Makoto a deadpanned look, making the boy blush with embarrassment.

Sighing, Byakuya ripped the letter from your hands, lightly tearing it open.

"Throughout the years, we have been committed to shaping the youth who will one day shape the world. We have a long, proud history as an institution of higher learning with full government support. Out graduates enter society ready to take on active leadership roles in every major job field. However, Hope's Peak Academy must now lower the curtain on its glorious history, for the time being. This decision was not an easy one to make, but serious issues beyond our control have made it necessary. But make no mistake, this is not the end for Hope's Peak Academy. We intend to reopen out doors as soon as the issues forcing our closure have been resolved. That being said, this is the end for now, and I would like to personally and sincerely thank everyone for your help and support over the years. For now, we are awaiting official governmental authorization to formally cease operations."

Byakuya finished, staring at the letter curiously.

"What does that mean?" You asked, pulling Byakuya's arm down so you could look at the letter. "It's so confusing."

"It would seem Hope's Peak had stopped functioning as a school," Kyoko hummed inquisitively. "And judging by the amount of dust the letter had collected, it doesn't seem to have happened recently. If I had to guess, I'd say this letter could be at least a year old."

"A year..?" You glared at the ground, confusion filling your senses even more. "But that would mean.."

"So...you're saying Hope's Peak closed down at least a year ago?" Makoto had the same baffled look that you had on his face.