Chapter Six-You Have Someone Now

"Is it far?" I ask Jack. There is only awkward silence and the sound of the wind as we fly.

I am stuck going to the place that Tooth talked about yesterday with Jack Frost. The group told us that it was better if we split up just in case one of us gets there first. It made absolutely no sense to me but I agreed anyways. North suggested with a big grin that me and Jack should be one team.

Jack, of course, tried to argue but it was pointless because we still got paired up. I didn't really care since I already knew how Jack felt about me and arguing with him is a waste of time.

"A little bit, since we're literally going from the North Pole. So it will take about 40 minutes at least," he responds.

'Wow, he, for once, doesn't sound annoyed while talking to me'

Then it turns silent again. Wait, did he say 40 minutes? That's too far, and with someone like him.

"So, now what?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

He looks at me and I look back at him. We stare at each other for a minute.

'Is he going to say anything?'

He then breaks the eye contact by looking ahead. "I don't know."

"Well, now that we are stuck here with each other, maybe you could tell me about the events that happened last Winter that I don't know about." I say.

He agrees and proceeds to explain to me that he has lived his whole life without anyone believing on him for 300 years. Then the Guardians told him that he was chosen as one of them so they could defeat Pitch Black together. They ended up defeating him, and Jack discovered his center. Whatever that is.

"So that's basically what happened," he says.

"You lived your whole life having no one to believe in you?" I ask.

"Well yeah. I always thought of ways to get children to believe in me but it was impossible." He answers. Then he stares at me for a moment before saying, "do you want children to believe in you?"

I think for a moment. "I don't know. I have never thought about that. I guess it wouldn't matter since it doesn't change my purpose in this world. It would be nice, however, to have someone to talk to every now and then."

He studies my face. Then he says, "well you have someone now."

I raise my eyebrow at him.

'What did he just say?'

"I'm talking about the Guardians obviously," he says, rolling his eyes while laughing, knowing that I had the wrong idea.

"Oh, well yeah. I guess you're right." I smile at him.

———

"We're here," Jack says, pointing to an old, wooden bed. There is a very deep hole under it.

"This...is where Pitch lived?" I say, giving him a confused look.

He nods. "We have to go down into that hole to get there."

"No thank you."

He scoffs. "So you're not coming?"

"Nope, I will just stay here and wait for the others," I say, smiling.

"Suit yourself then," he says. Then he jumps down the hole and disappears. Everything goes silent.

I look around and the woods seem creepier when I'm alone. Maybe I should have gone with Jack, but it's too late now.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice say.

I look back into the hole and it is Jack again. "I thought you were joking, now come on, we don't have all day."

"Alright, fine, I'm coming." I say. He holds his hand out and I take it, giving him a confused face.

He smirks. "Just because you're scared."

I roll my eyes and we both jump into the hole.

Hello everyone! Here is chapter six! 🏃‍♀️

Is this...a late update? 🤨

Yeah. Yesterday I had two exams and I kind of forgot that I had to post but I'm here! 😆

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Word count: 632