Chapter Eleven-You Can See Me?

Jack is sitting close to me. A bit too close. And I am pretty sure he does not notice that he is holding my hand. He squeezes my hand once more when we hear a noise.

I look to see a nightmare walking under us. The lighting is not great, but there are really big windows on the ceiling where the light of the moon can pass through. I squeeze his hand back to reassure him that everything is fine, but when he realizes this, he takes his hand back and stares at me for a long moment.

Then I see that he starts to blush. I want to laugh at how flustered he looks. But then I hear steps and a woman laughing.

"They really think they can get away with my plan," Trista says. "Even though they saved the Tooth Fairy, I have everything already set up. My next target will be Easter."

I suck in a breath. I remember the conversation that Jack and I had about the events that happened last year. The first target was the Tooth fairy, then it was Easter, and those two events were enough to make half of the kids in the world to stop believing. Well not even half, more like all of them.

But Jack also mentioned something about this kid—or kids. They helped them defeat Pitch and make the children believe again.

I tap Jack's shoulder and he turns to me. I point to the window and he raises an eyebrow. I point again and he finally gets it. He takes his staff and places Frost on the window, I start to write.

'What was the name of the kid that you talked about last time?' I write.

He looks at it and writes: 'Jamie.'

I nod and write: 'We need to get this kid after we're done with this. And as fast as we can.'

He nods and we both turn to Trista. She looks angered by something. I think she can communicate with the Nightmares.

"What?" She says. "They were here? And you didn't stop them?"

Her expression looks surprised but it soon turns into anger again. "You think they are still here?! You could've told me sooner! Look for them now!"

"We have to go," Jack whispers and takes my hand. Before we go, I melt the frost on the window just in case Trista finds it.

Jack manages to find a way out and we quietly fly all the way back to the top.

"Take me to Jamie," I tell Jack and he nods.

We don't fly very far when we get to a town and we go straight to a house. Jack opens one of the windows and signals me to go inside and I do.

When I get inside, I see a boy sleeping in his bed. I suppose that's Jamie. Jack goes to the kid and wakes him.

"Jack? Is that you?" He yawns. "Wait. Who's that behind you?"

I freeze.

He can see me?

Hey everyone! Here is chapter eleven! 😍

I have been busy all week and I didn't have any time to write this. I'm sorry for the late upload. 🥲

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it!

Word count: 505