Chapter Sixteen-The Fight

"If we're going to fight against her, we have to do it somewhere safe," North says.

I nod. That does make sense. But where is Trista? She made her nightmares attack us early but she didn't show up personally. I know she is planning something big. And I know that the other Guardians know too.

"What a nice surprise!" I hear a woman's voice behind me. I turn around and see Trista. She laughs. "You brought the only children left that believe in you. How pathetic."

She signals her nightmares to attack us. I take out my wand and strike lightning at one of them. Jack freezes some of them. Tooth sends her baby teeth to attack the others.

"Y/N! Behind you!" Jack says. But right when I look behind me, it's too late. One of the nightmares pushes me to the ground. I try to get up but when I do, I feel pain all over my body.

"I got you!" Says Trista as she steps close to me. The others are too busy fighting the nightmares to help me. I have to help myself.

I weakly grab my wand and try to point it at Trista but she throws a spell and breaks it.

"No!" I yell.

Just as she gets closer to me, I see someone get in front of me. I look up to see Jamie's back. He looks behind and smiles at me.

"Leave her alone!" Jamie says.

Trista laughs. "And what are you going to do if I don't? You're just a child. And even you believe in me."

"I do believe in you," Jamie says. "But I am not afraid of you."

"Yeah, me neither," one kid says and stands beside Jamie. Soon, all of the other kids join in bravely.

Trista looks shocked to see that the kids have put themselves in so much danger. Trista's expression grew angrier and she orders some nightmares to attack the children.

I get up, trying my best to ignore the pain surrounding my body. I weakly get in front of the children and extend my hands. I try my best to concentrate and create a lightning spell. I destroy all of the nightmares and fall on my knees.

The children surround me, asking if I'm okay. I just nod and try my best to not pass out. But Trista only sends more nightmares to attack the children. I try to stand up again but my body is too weak. I just see the nightmares get closer and closer. I squeeze my eyes shut and hope for the best.

Nothing. I feel nothing. That's weird.

I open my eyes and see that the sand that made up the nightmares has turned yellow. Like the sand of Sandy.

I look at the children and I sigh in relief. I feel extremely weak and my eyelids feel heavy as if they want to close on their own. The last thing that I see before I close my eyes is Trista's shocked and expression. Then I see Jack run towards me and soon the others join.

I close my eyes.

Hey everyone! Here is chapter sixteen! 🤩

I apologize for not posting yesterday I have been really busy lately.

But I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 🏃‍♀️

Word count: 522