Chapter 2: Again? (Pov. Jake)

I've gotten ready for school, and am currently eating breakfast with my little brother, Bernardo. Even though he's only 12-years-old, he's the most studious person you'll meet. I mean– one of us had to be the smart one in the family, right?

"Are both of you ready? The driver is already outside," said our maid, Daly.

I waved her off as Bernardo and I headed outside to get into our limousine. I never went to school in a car with Bernardo since I got my car, a grey-ish metallic blue McLaren MP4-12C, but I wanted to get lights attached underneath. Guess I have to wait until it's delivered this afternoon, hopefully, it'll be here when I come back from school.

When I entered to building and headed toward to lockers, I saw her. The girl from the boutique who had insulted me.

"Just my luck," I silently mumbled to myself as I walked towards my locker. Which– oh, so graciously happened to be vertically across from hers. As I walk past her, she gave me the side-eye, I despise her already.

She was already gone when I closed my locker and headed to Homeroom– just a bunch of announcements, like always. I sat at the back of the class, cause while I love attention, I don't like people staring at me from the back– feels odd and creepy. And guess who I found there... her. I accidentally sat next to her, great.

We ignored each other the whole day– let me tell you I had too many classes with her and none with my friends, this is some sort of sick joke. I was furious, I told myself that this year was going to be great– but on my first day of school, I started off on the wrong foot.

Leaving the entry gate I bumped into someone, me being taller than the person, didn't fall, but they did. "Great going Jake," I thought to myself.

It. Was. Her. Why? Again and again, I kept seeing her around, but I decided to be the gentleman I am and offered the mysterious lady my hand. She glared at me for a while and finally took my hand as she got up.

"Thanks," she dryly said.

For the first time, I noticed her beautiful gray eyes– which weren't blue as I originally thought on the first day I saw her. She cleared her throat awkwardly, and that snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I think we started off on the wrong foot... I'm Hailey," her words were sincere as she extended her hand towards me. I took her hand into mine and it was nothing how I thought it would be. Instead of being soft and silky, her hand was slightly rough– which I, surprisingly, didn't mind.

"I'm Jake," I replied.

We gave each other a polite smile before taking off in separate directions. That is until I noticed that she wasn't headed toward the school's pick-up center– where all the limousines and other cars come to pick up the students who don't drive yet, can't, or just don't want to learn.

I jogged to catch up to... Hailey. As I jogged I asked myself, "why is she walking? Did something happen?" Once I caught up to her, she had a questionable look on her face.

"Why are you walking?" I asked. And to my surprise, she responded, "cause I have feet." We smiled for while at her obvious joke and invited her to drop her off at her house. She accepted and once we got to where she lived, I was surprised.

Her house was small, with only two floors, and the top floor looked smaller than the bottom one. She must be one of those students who got a scholarship. Everything connected as she got out of the car and thanked me.

Guess you can't judge a book by its cover, right?...