Chapter 3: Mean Boys

It was my second day of school, I was ecstatic. I learned that maybe rich people aren't too bad. Yesterday I made friends, the rude guy from the boutique turned out to be alright. I also meet Daisy Van-den, she's a very sweet person that's in my physics class. Talking about classes– I'm not sure why I had most of my classes with Jake, well at least we actually get along now.

I entered homeroom and saw Jake sitting in the back again, so I decided to join him. I sat next to him and placed my pale dogwood pink backpack beside me.

"Hey, princess~" the unsuspected charm kept me silent for while, considering it was coming from Jake. He seemed like a charmer, but I didn't want to prejudge.

"Don't call me that, I just met you," I responded nonchalantly and rolled my eyes playfully.

He scoffed dramatically until the teacher came in and the room fell silent as Ms. Bennett went through today's announcements. According to her, today was club sign-up day after school, which I should attend. I need to get myself involved in a club to put on my college resume.

We both headed to Physics, and I spent most of my time talking to Daisy when we finished with our work, a little later Jake joined the conversation when he had finished his work. It turns out that Jake and Daisy actually dated each other for a while, but it only lasted a week because they decided they'd be better off as just platonic friends... interesting.

During math class, I started a conversation with Brenda Falon. She was incredibly nice and helped out with some questions I had on problem three. She also happened to mention something about dating Jake and breaking up a week later. "...odd," I thought.

During lunch, I was hoping that Jake or Daisy would let me sit with their friend groups. Unfortunately, Daisy had to fix some student council issues and Jake ditched. He ditched on literally, the second day of school. I ended up making friends with a guy named Sean, who was a year above me, and Millicent, who goes by Millie and is a year below me.

"Well since you're new, let me introduce you to the most important people you need to know about," Millie whispered after a while as I felt a questioning look on my face.

Literally one second later, Jake entered the cafeteria along with three other boys around his age.

"There they are," Millie said, snapping my attention back to her.

"Here we go again," Sean sighed while he took a sip of this apple juice and held his head with one arm. 

She continued, "That guy to the left who has quinacridone magenta hair and tanned skin, is Drew Richerson. He's captain of the lacrosse team and his parents are partial owners of Apple– the tech company.

And the guy with burnt umber parted bangs and white skin that kinda looks like a vampire is Liam Devon. He's captain of the Basketball team and his parents are the Earl and Marquez of Wilvert– and not to mention they also own a luxurious apartment building in Manhattan.

The short guy with spinach green hair and seafoam green eyes is Henry Hamlet. He's captain of the Track and Field team. His parents own the major architecture companies in the U.S and his mom is on the council.

And last, but not—" a girl with periwinkle eyes and navy blue hair interrupted Millie and continued the monologue herself.

"—Certainly not least, there's the guy with blonde hair, a peach-colored skin, and chocolate brown eyes. He's Jake Sterling. His parents own a jewelry business called Sterling enterprises. Oh, and he's also the captain of the soccer team.

Those are the—" The girl was interrupted by Millie.

"That's enough Stacy, I want to say the final dramatic line. Ahem– those are the richest, most influential, and popular people at our school. I would stay away from them if I were–" before Millie could finish her sentence Jake walked up to our table and turned to look at me.

"Hey, sorry I wasn't here earlier. I see you already made a few friends. I'll see you next period then," He then turned around and left headed toward the dining table the other three boys were seated at.

"You're a goner," Stacy squealed frightened before she retreated to her previous lunch table.

"What the hell's up with people and interruptions around here?" I thought.

I then sunk my teeth into my apple...