Chapter 1: How Rude

I looked at the debit card in my hands. My new school gave me this card, it has just the sufficient fund to buy the school uniform– guess that scholarship did come in handy. I tucked it away in my white cross-body purse. I then proceed to dust off my blue jeans and light pink blouse that had a lovely heart pattern on. If I was about to go into a rich people's boutique, then I at least have to look presentable.

I walked into the store and searched for the reception desk, once I found it, I hastily made my way across the room toward it.

I looked down at the elder-looking receptionist's name tag and greeted her. She then asked, "ah, yes you must Hailey Austin. Here to pick up a uniform for Crepúsculo Academy, yes?"

"Yes, that would be me," I answered gleefully.

"Wonderful, I just need an identification."

"Of course," I handed her my ID as she nodded to herself. She then proceeded to hand me back my ID as she confirmed the order.

"Let me go get you that uniform of yours," she stood up and walked inside a room to her left, where I'm guessing all the orders are placed.

As I looked around the store, I was more impressed. Golden details on every wall, fancy paintings, and perfectly sectioned-off clothes. Damn, imagine shopping here every day and thinking this was a "normal" shop.

Too caught off in my imagination, I didn't notice a boy, around my age, standing behind me on his phone. Not until the receptionist came out and said, "Oh, Mr. Sterling I apologize for keeping you waiting. You must be here for another uniform. I apologize on behalf of your company that we mailed you the wrong size, truly sorry."

"You kept him waiting? You literally came out in two minutes," I thought to myself.

The rude guy ignored her as she went back into the room, leaving my uniform on the reception desk.

"You aren't from around here are you?" The tall guy behind me asked. "How observant," I mumbled in return, thinking– hoping that was the end of this conversation. His mouth was about to open to give me a response, but just then– thankfully, the receptionist came out with his uniform in hand.

"The uniform has already been paid for by your mother Mr. Sterling, thank you for shopping with us. " She kindly said as she placed the uniform in a bag with the store's logo.

Just when she finished wrapping it, the asshole behind me snatched the bag and left– not before giving me a glare of course, "typical rich people move," I thought as I rolled my eyes in return. What a lovely exchange...