Chapter 8

Star hesitated, did she know this cat? Was she supposed to? Her head felt heavy with tiredness. She still needed to rest, because when she dreams, she gets no rest unless she has dreamless sleep.

  "Star," she mewed. Star looked at her, her ears twitching. "Look at me closely." she looked her straight in the eyes. Her pink eyes swirl with stars as she stares back. Star blinked, noticing the cat's collar. It was the same color as her collar. She scratched herself with her back leg, the one with the scar, realising that her collar is loose and had many holes in it.

The tom behind the star-furred cat looked her in the eye. Love was seen there, as well as relief and grief. That cat seemed to know her. She turned her gaze back the she-cat. Then the cat came up and touched her nose to hers. Recognization flooded her mind, memories coming back. She saw her family in her mind; Rose, Swiftfall, Snow, Mistkit, and Fox. Terror filled her mind, as she saw the memories of being taken, and everything bad and good that happened in the four moons she lived with her family. Everything was clear now.

  "R-Rose?" she mewed, her eyes wide, and tears forming in her sparkling eyes. Rose nodded, and Star ran up to her, pressing her muzzle into her mother's starry fur.

Swiftfall's eyes flashed recognization as well. He let out a yowl and ran to his family. He leaned against Rose, tears dripping down his whiskers. Scar watched the heart-warming moment with tears in his eyes. Suddenly, Star jolted up, letting out a cry of pain. Her front paws were bleeding. My paws! They feel numb. I can't feel them! She thought, horror stricken.

"The twolegs! They must be declawing you!" Scar shouted, horror in his eyes.