00:30

ELLA

Oh my gosh! Jace freaking Keller is talking to me.

My eyes widened and before I knew it, my tiny mouth started spewing out loud hiccups.

I quickly covered my mouth, "dammit" I mumble against my hand.

Jace Keller then started to panic, "Ella, are you okay? Do you need anything?"

He knows my name! I REPEAT, the Jace Keller knows my name!

Before he starts dialing 911, I composed myself and actually go back to being a human being.

"Uhm, yeah, sorry. It's just you caught me off-guard" then I started to laugh nonchalantly which by the way, just made me look like a dying seal.

"Anyway, so what is it that.." I cleared my throat, "you wanted help with?"

Jace Keller's eyebrows scrunched in confusion until it cleared and a smile was planted back to his face, "Oh yeah, hahaha. I forgot what I was here for. Anyway, you're best friends with Kendall, right?"

Oh no. This can't be happening. Nothing is even happening between us yet and I'm already friendzoned!

Quickly removing the frown from my face, I got back to my perky mood and replied, "Kendall? Yeah! Why?"

"Oh, she told me to give you this. It's an excuse letter I think. She told me she'll be at the student council's room the whole day." He said before handing me a folded letter.

I sighed in relief, only moments later I realized what I've just done.

"Oh, okay! Thanks for bringing this for me!" I told him before flashing him a flirty smile.

Which of course he responded to with a panty-dropping smirk. Wait, he knows how to be cocky?

Just as his mouth parted to reply, the classroom door opened with a bang.

"Good Morning, students! I'm gonna have to start the class immediately seeing I was 15 minutes late" the teacher announced.

Some students grunted while I sat there smiling to myself.

---

Like every other school day in the world, the first half of the day was painfully slow.

But not to worry because it was finally lunch time which means Plan 'Get Jace Keller to talk to me' was a go!

Quickly dropping off the books for my morning classes at my locker, I made my way to the lunch room.

Luckily enough, it took me about a minute or so to find Jace Keller at his table with his two best friends.

I walked towards it which made a few people glance my way, since no one really had the guts to come up to this table of hotness.

"Hey, Jace!" I call to him.

Not only did Jace turn around but so did his friends.

I held myself back from a snarky remark and flashed the both of them a smile. Which they returned with a smile too.

"Hi Ella" they said simultaneously.

"Hey, Mike! Hey, Rob!" I say to them cheerfully.

Can they not? I'm running out of time.

"Hi El-" I cut them off before they could make it longer.

"So Jace, I wanted to ask advice from you." I say to him.