Grace Augustin

After the man, who Y/n finds is Colonel Miles afterwards, stops talking he sends everyone away. Jake looks to Y/n as she picks at her fingernails. She stops picking her nails and smiles down to Jake.

"Let's go." Y/n says happily as she spins around before walking ahead. She leads Jake out of the cafeteria and towards the bay. A voice behind them makes them stop.

"Y/n? Jake?" Norm Spellman. One of the people that Y/n did Avatar training with. Y/n smiles as Norm quickly rushes towards them. Jake looked at Y/n confused, wondering how she knows the man. He watches as Y/n slugs her arm around his neck.

"Hey Y/n, it's been a while. Oh, you must be Jake. Norm Spellman, I went through Avatar Training with Y/n and Tommy." Norm introduced to Jake as he shakes Jake's hand.

"Yes, now enough with the getting to know eachother and let's go get to know our Avatars." Y/n says as she moves the strap of her leather satchel around her shoulder. The three Avatar drivers soon found the Bio Lab, it not being hard to miss.

"The Bio Lab. We're gonna spend a lot of time up here." Norm says to Jake as the enter. Y/n looks around the lab, it was so tech like. And her favorite part, neat.

"The Link Room. This is where we are connecting to the avatars." Norm tries to explain to Jake but something caught his eye. A few scientists remove a, what Jake expected to be, cover that surrounded the avatar. He rolls closer to it as Y/n comes up behind him.

"Hey, welcome. Welcome to Pandora. It's good to have you." A scientist shakes Jake's hand.

"Damn, they got big." Jake says as he looks at the avatars.

"Yeah, they fully mature on the flight out. " Norm says as he stands next to his avatar. Y/n looked at it and smiles. The avatar, in it's current position, reminded Y/n of a baby. As she watches Norms avatar Jake went to go look at his. Y/n follows shortly after. When her eyes went to the avatar's face her priious smile falters. It's the face of Tommy, but it's also the fce of Jake.

"It looks like him." Jake says, not looking away from the avatar.

"It looks like you." Norm says. Y/n straightens up and notices her avatar at the other side of the room. She walks towards it. Soon enough she stands next to it. It looked exactly like her. The face shape, muscle tone, everything. She smiles as she watches her avatar twitch on occasion. She hears Jake roll over to her and laugh.

"Is this your twin?" He jokes.

"No. It's me." Y/n says going over the features of the avatar. Cat like ears, cat like nose, tail, five fingers. A Na'vi Human hybrid.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Is this right? Just say whatever to the camera?" Jake asks as he turns to look at Max and Norm. Y/n sits next to Jake, throwing and catching a large green tennis ball.

"Yeah. We have to get in the habit of documenting everything. What we see, what we feel. It's all part of the science." Norm tells him.

"And good science is good observation." Max adds.

"It'll keep us sane for the next six years." Y/n says, throwing the ball and catching it.

"Alright, whatever." Jake says as he fixes the camera angle.

"So here we are. Doing science."

"I'm a scientist Jake. A Biologist." Y/n smiles towards him.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Grace Augustin is a legden. She's the head of the avatar program. She write the book. I mean, litteraly, wrote the book on Pandora botiny." Norm tells Jake as the walk into the linking room.

"Yeah, that's because she likes plants more than people.There she is. Cinderella back from the ball. Grace, I'd like you to meet Norm Spellman, Y/n James, and Jake Sully." Max says as he points to the each of them.Grace takes a drag on her cigarette in her mouth then removes her glasses.

"Norm, Y/n, I hear good things about you both. How's your Na'vi?"

"May the All Mother smile upon our first meeting." Norm speaks in Na'vi. Jake gives Y/n a confused look, knowing she can do the same.

"Not bad. You sound a little formal."

"I have studied for five years. . . but there is much to learn."

"And you?" Grace asks Y/n as she brings the cigarette to her mouth.

"I just can't believe I am meeting you. Over ten years of studying got me to this moment." Y/n smiles. Grace eyes widen slightly. Y/n didn't know what for. That's she's a fan or that she studied for over ten years.

"Grace. This is Jake Sully." He says. Jake puts out a hand.

"Mam."

"Yeah, yeah. I know who you are and I don't need you. I need your brother. You now, the PhD that trained for three years for this mission." Grace says to Max. Jake hand already placed his hand in his lap. Y/n wanted to yell at Grace. To tell her that Jake is just as capable but Jake doesn't need Y/n's help. Not anymore.

"He's dead. I know, it's a big inconvenience for everyone." Jake says, keeping his voice steady. Grace looks to him.

"How much lab training do you have." Y/n's head jerked to Jake's. She knows exactly what he's going to say. He pulled this trick on her back in high-school.

"I've dissected a frog once." Y/n closes her eyes and breathed out her nose.

"You see. You see, I mean their pissing on us without the courtesy of calling it rain."