The Na'vi woman

Y/n breath heavily as she runs next to Jake, the Thanator still close behind them. The duo dove into a trees roots, hoping that the Thanator would give up and go away. With her back against the ground Y/n tries to look for the black cat-like creature.

Something close to her breaks some of the roots with it's strong jaw. The Thanator growls and continues to break into the roots of the trees. Jake yells and fires his weapon. The Thanator moved away and attacked a different section of the roots. Jake fires off more rounds until the Thanator's jaws clamp down on the gun, ripping it from Jake's hands.

"Go!" Jake says to Y/n who is close behind. They sprint out of the trees roots and further into the jungle. The thanator digs into the roots again and stretches when it relized that its prey is gone. Y/n looked back and saw the thanator looking at them. It pounced onto Jake.

"Jake!" Y/n yells as Jake is thrown around like a rag doll. Watching in horror Y/n froze. What could she do?

"Jake! Your bag, loose the bag!" Y/n yells. Jake got the message and un-clips the bag. It slides off and gets slightly caught on his arm. He pulls hard enough to get unstuck. He pushes Y/n to go ahead of him, hoping that if the next attack is to happen that it would be him and not her. Growling the creature continues after the duo.

Y/n stops running at the edge of the clift, looking down into the water and at the waterfall. If it wasn't a life or death situation she would have already pulled out her camera. Looking at the sprinting creature she grabs a hold of Jake and pulls him to look at the water below.

"Jump!" Y/n yells as she pulls Jake before he could be bitten by the creature. Pointing her feet and crossing her arms over her chest, she dives into the water. Opening her eyes she searches for Jake. She felt as the current of the water pulls her, her back getting scratched by the rocks. She pushes herself up and gasped for air.

"Y/n!" Y/n looks for Jake and sees him further down the stream then she is. She swims to Jake as he holds himself against the current with a branch. When Y/n is arms reach he grabs her and pulls her onto the branch. Y/n coughs and Jake's gentely places his hand on her back. She hisses in pain, Jake removing his hand quickly. Eyes full of worry.

"Are you okay? Did that thing get you?" Jake questions his bestfriend.

"It was the rocks. I'm fine, it just hurts a bit." Y/n says as she and Jake head to shore, the thanator gone from the clift. When Y/n gets onto shore she quickly goes into her satchel.

"Shit," Y/n pulls out her camera. Water spills from it as Y/n shakes it. "I really liked this camera." She says sadly. She goes into the pocket that holds the photos. Smiling she pulls out the photos.

"Ha! I still win." She says happily as she dumps the water out of her bag.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

With the sun setting Jake became more and more worried. Y/n tries to tell Jake to not make a torch but when does he ever listen. Y/n watches from afar as Jake sharpens a long stick and wraps his jacket around the other end. Somehow Jake found some sap in a cup like plant. Jake kneels down and quickly tries to light a match. A chirping like sound scares both Y/n and Jake.

The chirping continues, surrounding them as Jake struggles to light a match. Y/n wants to earge Jake to hurry but she knows that it wouldn't help. When the match lit Jake quickly threw it onto the sap soaked jacket, watching as it goes up in flames. Jake quickly uses the torch to light around them, moving it so they could see.

"I don't have all god damn night!" Jake yells at the viperwolves. As if the viperwolves understood him, they attacked. Y/n yells in pain as a viperwolf digs its sharp claws into her back, adding onto the pain she already has. Reaching behind her she pulls the viperwolf off and threw it to the ground. As Jake fights with more viperwolves she could feel the blood from her back causing her shirt to stick to her.

The viperwolf trying to rip Jake's face off goes limp, a colorful arrow sticking out of it as Jake pulls it off him. The Na'vi woman fights off the viperwolves, hitting them with her bow. The woman picks up Jake's torch and throws it into a near by body of water.