The Start

"Excuse me?" Kyle asked, taking a step back from Stan.

"Wendy wants to hang out with you." His best friend repeated blankly while holding out a folded pink paper. Kyle just blinked, needing more of an explanation. He didn't dislike Wendy, sure he was jealous of her relationship with Stan but otherwise they both had a lot in common and she was always very nice to him for the most part. Even so Kyle just couldn't seem to wrap his head around why she would suddenly want to hang out with him. "Dude, just take the paper and give her a call later." Stan shoved the paper at Kyle, somewhat annoyed. He turned to leave but was stopped by Kyle.

"Hold on! Why does she want to hang out with me?" He asked. "We aren't exactly friends and you guys just broke up again yesterday." Stan sighed disappointingly.

"I don't know." And with that Stan left toward his 5th period.

Kyle sighed and turned back to his locker. He grabbed his text book and a green binder labeled as 'Calculus'. Kyles locker reflected himself pretty well. It was clean and organized, he had everything separated for his classes, a different colored binder for each one. It was the perfect for a junior in high school, though also very odd. He stuck the pink paper in his pocket and slammed his locker, heading to his own 5th period class.

Looking down the hall he spotted Kenny, who immediately met his eyes. Kenny still wore an orange parka, though didn't zip it up or pull the hood over his head anymore and had changed to blue jeans and brown boots. He had gained a lot of admirers from his looks now that people could actually see his face, and people could actually understand him a lot better now. He smiled and waved, Kenny's response was to send Kyle a heart shape with his hand and a wink for good measure. Kyle just rolled his eyes but smiled at the gesture none the less.

After entering high school the groups changed slightly, Craig and Tweek were still together and still hung out with Clyde and Token. The girls still had their little groups, though Wendy and Bebe weren't best friends anymore. Bebe became very popular and while Wendy was also popular, she didn't turn into a mean girl and fell out of that crowd. Some people moved away, which caused different emotions from everyone. Cartman got expelled after a prank he planned went too far, so his mom moved them to a new town to start over. Everyone was pretty happy that day, especially Kyle. Jimmy's family moved to New York, he was ecstatic about it, but everyone misses him dearly still.

But what mattered most was Kyle, Kenny, and Stan. Kenny was working a lot, since he got emancipated from his parents and was granted full custody of his sister, he spends almost every day after school working. Though this left little time to hang out, the 3 still stayed great friends. Stan joined the football team for freshman and sophomore year but quit the team before junior year started. Most of his time he spends with Kyle or, until just recently, Wendy. They had gotten back together in middle school though continued on and off throughout the years. Kyle on the other hand cared mostly for his grades, spending a lot of time studying, though always dropping the books to hang out with Stan, which he didn't mind too much.

Kyle walked into his class and took his seat. Quickly he laid down all his supplies, ready for the lesson. Other kids were filing in including none other than Wendy Testaburger. Long flowing black hair, purple dress and beret, white stocking and black mary janes. She really was beautiful and sat a few seats away. Kyle felt like he needed to talk to her, ask her what was up with her new interest in him. As he stood, the bell rang causing Kyle to just down again with a huff. All through class he would find himself stealing glances at her. Toward the end of class he leaned back to look her way. He jolted, a small blush plaguing his cheeks as he met Wendy's eyes. She smiled and waved at him. He looked at her quizzically but waved back. She quickly made the motion of a phone with her hands, holding it up to her ear and mouthing the words 'Call Me' Kyle just stared in shock before leaning forward. After the bell rang, Kyle quickly gathered his stuff and went to catch up to Wendy before she left the room. Luckily she was still packing up.