Confused?

The next two days went by like clockwork, the only difference being that Wendy was absent. Still Kyle, Stan, and Kenny kept their normal routine during school. Kenny would go to work early on Thursdays and Fridays, missing the last two periods of the day. Stan and Kyle would go hangout at either one of their houses after school. Over the weekend Kyle had made the attempt to check on Wendy, make sure she was okay. But she hadn't responded to any of the messages he'd sent. Stan took it a step further, actually going to her house, but never getting an answer when he would knock on the door. Sunday came around and surprisingly Kenny had the day off. He'd joined Stan and Kyle who were hanging out at the park.

"It's awesome you wanna hang out with us on your days off Ken, but don't you think you should maybe spend some more time with your sister?" Stan asked, tossing a small multicolored beanbag to Kyle.

"I want to, trust me." Kenny replies, catching the bag as Kyle tosses it to him.

"Aw, do you miss when she used to always cling to you?" Kyle cooed in a joking manner, checking his phone quickly before stuffing it back in his pocket. A quiet song started playing growing louder. Kenny pulled his phone out and looked down at a number he didn't recognize calling him. He swiped up on the green button and brought the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" There was a moment of silence, Kyle and Stan watched their friend just waiting. "Oh hey!" Kenny said excitedly. He stepped away leaving Stan and Kyle aways away before continuing the discussion. The two just shared a look before the redhead shrugged and tossed the beanbag back to Stan. After a few minutes Kenny returned from his phone call. "I gotta head out guys."

"What dude, you're ditching us?"

"Is it your sister?"

"Nah, just some hot chick wants me to come over to her house." Kenny smirked wide and pulled his hood over his head. He turned on his heels and waved as he started walking. It didn't take him too long to reach his destination, this was such a small town after all. He walked up to the green house and pulled out his phone, sending a text to let the girl know he was there. After a couple of minutes, he heard locks clicking from the door. As it opened, Kenny smiled genuinely down at the raven haired girl. "It's good to know you're okay."

"Thanks for coming over." Wendy replied, stepping back and gesturing for him to come in. Kenny didn't hesitate, walking in and closing the door behind him.

Monday came and everyone felt and looked like zombies, this was nothing new. As Stan and Kyle entered second period, they spotted Kenny and immediately sat at the same cluster of tables. Small greeting were exchanged before the three started to converse normally.

"So Ken, how'd it go with that girl?" Kyle asked. He leaned forward toward Kenny, propping his chin up with his elbow.

"Whoever was it anyway? Anyone we know?" Stan joined in, mimicking Kyle's pose.

"Oh it went great, Wendy and I had a lot of fun." Kenny replied with a devilish grin, drawing out the last few words. Kyle lifted his head, shifting his eyes to look at Stan who looked a little pale.

"Wendy?" He asked, more shocked than curious. Something was stirring in Kyle. A feeling he knew all too well creeping in. 'Anger'...'Jealousy'. But it wasn't making sense to him. Stan's eyes darted to Kyle, taking note of his fist balling in front of him on the desk and eyebrows starting to furrow.

"Hey guys, can I sit with you?" A high voice asked. Almost as if it was fated.

They looked up to see Wendy, but she was different than normal. She stood in front of them, her long hair now replaced with short hair that curled around her face. Piercings lined her ears, two for both and one extra in the cleavage of her left ear. Her normal dresses were replaced with a pink skirt and a white tank top with a letterman's jacket that had been fully bathed in purple dye. Kyle and Stan stared with shocked expressions.

"Looking good!" Kenny grinned widely as Wendy took a seat next to him. He put his arm around her shoulder and jostled her a little. "I think I did a pretty good job with the hair and piercings."

"Thanks for helping me yesterday, by the way." She laughed. They shared a quick fist bump and Kenny released her. Both teens looked across the table at the shocked expressions of the other two. "Is it really that bad?" She asked, hurt starting to cross her face.

"No no!" Kyle quickly replied, trying his best to stop the expression she was going to make. "You look really good, we just weren't expecting it, y'know?" Wendy smiled, a small blush creeping up. She looked over to Stan. Where he was staring before, he quickly looked away. Wendy frowned and looked down sadly.

"You're beautiful." Stan murmured just loud enough for the table to hear. Wendy looked back up at him relief and happiness on her face.

"Thanks guys."

The bell rang signaling the start of class. While the teacher droned on about certain chemicals and dangers, Kyle and Stan both couldn't seem to focus. Stan mostly just stared at Wendy, taking in every detail of her new look. And while Kyle did admit she did look very nice, he felt a pit in his stomach.

So many thoughts and questions were in his head. First, he was relieved that Wendy was okay but also wondered why she hadn't responded to any messages or calls. Now she shows up with piercings and short hair, and after the night his found Stan crying, he suspects something had to have happened. Second was that he's jealous of the thought of something happening that night and that Stan is staring at her so dazed right now. But he figures that's probably because of him liking his best friend. The third thought was the most troubling. Why did he feel so angry and jealous at the thought of Kenny sleeping with Wendy? Maybe he was angry because she was Stan's ex-girlfriend, and that's pretty shitty of Kenny to do. But then what about the jealousy. Maybe he liked Kenny, Kyle's gay so he knows it's not Wendy. Still he's never gotten upset about any of Kenny's other partners in the past, but maybe it's something that just recently developed and he just didn't notice until now.

Kyle hadn't even noticed that the bell had rung until Kenny placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey man, we're gonna be late for health." He couldn't tell if he was feeling butterflies when he looked up at Kenny or if he felt nervous because he's been thinking about him. Either way, Kyle quickly shook it off and packed up his stuff, following Stan and Kenny to drop off stuff and head to the gym.

Health class was different from other P.E. classes because there wasn't much physical activity. Besides the 10 minutes of stretches at the beginning of class, which the teacher claims if for their well-being. The rest of the class is basically just learning how to be healthy and live a long life. Still they always had their class in the gym, the students would sit on the bleachers while Mr. Halter would talk in front of them. The boys always sat at the top in the corner. Before Kyle knew if class was almost over. He turned over to Kenny, who looked like he might fall asleep.

"Hey." Kenny swiveled his head, leaning closer to Kyle to hear him. "You work today?"

"Yeah."

"Do you think you can stop by after work tonight?" Kyle pulled his legs up so he was hugging his knees and leaning back on the wall.

"Sure, why what's up?"

"I just need to talk to you about something." Kenny simply nodded.

"Am I not invited?" Stan whispered, leaning forward to look at both of them.

"It's a little private." Kyle responded. Stan frowned causing both Kyle and Kenny to feel bad, but he nodded in understanding.