Chapter 12

"You know I hate surprises"

"Yes, that's why I did it, just to annoy you. Now go get changed" he ordered.

"I don't know where we are going so I don't know how to dress."

"Oh come on" he opened my closet, and grabbed a black something, which turned out to be my high school prom dress, which was a simple summer dress. He threw it at me, then exited the room and came back while I was getting dressed. "Whoops" and closed the door. Two minutes later I stepped out of the room.

There was a chair which had my jacket on, and next to it, my shoes. I took them on.

"Where is he?" I turned to my grandma.

"Outside, waiting for you probably." I grabbed my phone, and opened the door. He stood there in his pretentious clothes; I couldn't help myself, so I started grinning like an idiot. He was typing something on his phone.

"Hey" I said quietly. He looked up, looked at me for a moment, looked back on his phone and asked.

"Can we go now?"

"Yes" I sighed. "Are we going far away or somewhere near?"

"Stop whining"

"Okay." It was already dark outside. We walked for 15 minutes, and we got to a bunch of benches.

"You like silence do you?"

"Yes?"

"Perfect then." He said sitting down on one of them. "But you also like the Arctic Monkeys."

"How the hell do you know that?"

"You iPod didn't get lost, I stole it" he smirked.

"You asshole" I laughed.

"Nice music taste by the way."

"Their music is really good but Alex Turner is a prick"

"I know" he nodded, and looked at his watch. "Well, let's go."

"Where?"

"Still not telling you"

"You can be so annoying" I laughed.

"Let's be honest, we are assholes"

"Yes we are" we arrived to a small place. In ten minutes we got in, and after another 10, we went to the stage. From the outside it seemed like a small place, but it was huge. And there was the whole Arctic Monkeys.

In person.

They started playing.

I kind of freaked out.

I was happy through the whole concert, I screamed Crying Lightning with the crowd, Jack made faces at me, but I had fun.

After the concert was over, I grabbed a whiskey at the bar, drank it, and we made our exit.

"Thank you" I said loudly, because I still couldn't hear properly. He smiled at me. We went back to the benches.

We both sat down.

I leaned against Jack.

"Oi what am I, a wall?"

"Yes, a really kind nice asshole wall" I cracked up.

"You forgot handsome"

"Oh, sorry" I looked at him. We both laughed.

When we went back home, it already was midnight. We entered the hallway and started walking up the stairs when I heard an old lady go:

"Is that you Jack?" his eyes widened, he immediately mouthed HIDE HIDE HIDE and grabbed my arm, and we both hid behind a piece of wall which kind of separated the elevator and the apartments. He stuck his hand on his mouth, when I whispered:

"What the fuck is..." but I couldn't finish it because he ended up sticking his hand on my mouth.

"Jack where are you, I heard you" we heard the old lady speak in a kind of obsessive creepy tone.

Meanwhile the lady was looking for Jack, we stood there, me pushed against a wall, with a hand on my mouth, and Jack pushing me against the wall. Weird and uncomfortable as fuck.

He leaned to my ear and whispered:

"It's the lady who thinks I'm her husband." I started grinning under his hand. He stopped pushing me and looked at his right side.

"Jack" we heard the voice from closer now. He quickly got his hood on, and pushed me back against the wall. I wanted to laugh so hard at him.

In that moment a guy arrived with the elevator, so we hopped in and pressed floor 10. We weren't even living that high. We just burst out laughing.

"What the hell was that" I cackled. It was like a comedy show, a really shit one. "Let's go back I'll tell her to go home" I pressed our floor.

He pressed stop.

"No no no, we can't do that, she's insane, she dragged me the other day and gave me her dead husband's glasses telling me I forgot them." He explained.

"Listen" I tilted my head and put my two hands on the two sides of his head. "I'll tell her to go home, I'll tell her that her husband died in the hospital or whatever and I'll send her back home. If she really that insane, I'll tell her to go to hell or something. I'm not gonna let a hundred year old nan bother you for the rest of your life just because she's insane" I spoke, whilst looking into his eyes. From all of a sudden he kissed me.