1 Revelation

It is suggested to read the story description before continuing.

___

"End of class. You may have your lunch."

"Ugh finally." I mumbled while lethargically placing my notebook and pen back in my tote bag.

"(Y/NNNNNN)!!!" A familiar small voice had suddenly called out to me from a distance.

As she got nearer while still shouting my name, I immediately sensed from her voice that she was crying. I momentarily side-eye my best friend, or only friend actually, and could see her bawling. Oh god, this again?

"What happened mima?" I ask monotonically although I can already guess what it's about.

"Tsu-tsu-tsuuuumuuu!" She said while constantly stuttering and then blowing her nose.

"Did you two fight again?" I replied as I turn to look at her after zipping my bag.

Truthfully, I wasn't the least bit interested in what she had to say. She hooked up with Miya Atsumu, her current boyfriend and my ex, while we were still together back in high school. She knew that I was head over heels in love with him yet still had the audacity to do so. God, I can never understand people who cheat and home wreck. How much of a jerk can one be to be so egocentric and discontented?

As this is the case, you're probably wondering why I'm still friends with her.

Well, I'm really only using her.

Yes, she was the reason why I lost half of my "perfect life" but since that life is already long gone, I needed to protect my current life. Nozomi Mae (a.k.a. MiMa) is the head of Shiratorizawa University's student sports committee. That committee is the only string of connection I have left to volleyball.. and Ushijima Wakatoshi, my campus crush.

"I-I wish it was just a fight too (Y/N). But h-he b-broke up with meeee!" Oh. Lol. How ironic.

"Let's eat that sadness away. Come." I said while dragging her to the cafeteria while only actually caring about my starving stomach and the rapidly fast-taken lunch tables.

I look around the caf to only see one vacant table left. Consequently, I abruptly left Mima to sprint to the table before someone else takes it.

As I loudly placed my hand onto the table, a pair of food trays were set down simultaneously. I look up only to almost faint at the sight of the god-sent player, Ushijima, and his friend, Satori Tendō (A/N: He's god-sent too<3).

"I-I got here first." I said, while straight away feeling the embarrassment of stuttering in front of them. I then cleared my throat and repeated. "I got here first." with a much more confident tone.

"How many are you with (Y/N)?" The redhead uttered while eyeing me for a response.

Of course, he knows my name. I was a high school volleyball prodigy in the girl's division after all. Everyone knows my name just as much as they know my scandal.

"Two." As I said so, Mima came with a food tray and hugged me from the back while whining that I left her.

"No more tables are available so would it be okay if we sit together instead? There are 4 seats anyways." Tendo stated and looked at Ushijima's approval to which he nodded.