8 Vying

a volleyball chapter

__

"Let's finish this tomorrow, I promised to watch my sister for the try-outs later." Right, the try-outs are gonna be held today since it's Monday.

"Shit, It's already 4 PM I'm gonna be late. Remember to bring the research materials, alright?" My classmate said as he stood up from his chair to leave the room after putting his things back in his bag.

"Alright." I responded, packing my things up as well.

My Monday classes had just ended and the other students already started to frantically leave the room after doing the partner work that's been given to us by our professor. Everyone's going to watch the try-outs, I guess. I'm still not planning to attend though.

__

That's what I said. But, what the fuck am I doing here outside the gym wearing my Inarizaki jersey?

 But, what the fuck am I doing here outside the gym wearing my Inarizaki jersey?

This is ridiculous. Can I really play on a team again? Kazuki said it'll be okay but that dimwit doesn't know shit.

The gym is literally packed with students outside and inside the gym, of course leaving a good space for the court and benches. I just zipped up a jacket all the way to avoid any unnecessary and annoying comments from the students around me.

I shimmy my way into the pack of students so that I can get a better look at the ongoing game. Before I knew it, I got pushed to the front of the crowd, giving me much more vision to observe.

From what I heard from the students talking, this is the second game already and there's one last game to be held after this. It's like a Shiratorizawa men's vs Shoratorizawa women's game except that the wing spiker and opposite hitter are replaced by the candidates. It's also said to be a race to 15 points. The lineup and positions seem to start like this every game:

 The lineup and positions seem to start like this every game:

(T/N): teammate's name

__

The second game had just ended and the players are now resting and preparing for the last game.