6 Hell

your bygone hell (a flashback)

___

My eyes shot open as I heard the annoying alarm that had been going off every 2 minutes.

Oh right, it's our finals for spring nationals today!

As I remembered that I had an important game to attend to, I immediately stood up to take a bath. After a good 20-minute shower, I turned off the music playing on my phone and got my towel resting on the sink. I dried myself, did my skincare, and turned to open my closet.

There it was, my gorgeous black, white-collared, and sleeveless Inarizaki jersey, a big fat number 2 on the front and back, 'Inarizaki' stitched on the back as well, paired with black Inarizaki shorts.

I admired it for a while, happy for myself that I had come so far. My dad would be proud of me if he was still alive.

After wearing the jersey and looking at myself in the mirror one last time, I got my duffel bag containing the essentials that I need before, on, and after the game. Then, I closed my bedroom door, excited for the breakfast that awaits me made by my beautiful mom.

"Momm!! I'm done preparing!" I said as I ran down the stairs.

As I got down, I look around surprised that no one was here. My mom wasn't here and there was no food on the table. No signs that she was even here today.

After looking around the house and around my neighborhood for about half an hour, I got back to my house.

'Call failed.'

I've been calling her non-stop and still no answer. I'm getting worried. Where is she??

I then got back up to my room and opened my laptop to search online her company's landline number. I typed in my phone's keypad 'XXXX-XXX-XXXX'. Please answer, please. Hopefully, nothing bad happened to her.

My heart was racing and I was nervous since my mind was running countless scenarios of what could've happened to her. She was out for work yesterday saying she had to stay overtime to finish her paperwork for today so that she could watch my game today and take a leave.

"Lux Corporation on the line. How may I help you?" The woman on the line asked.

"Um m-my mom she works there. Her name is (Y/M/N). She said she was working overtime yesterday but she still isn't home." I said nervously.

"What branch does she work in mam?" She asked.

"In Hyōgo." I replied.

"Are you perhaps miss (Y/N)?" She questioned.

"Y-yes." I responded.

"I'm guessing that you weren't informed yet about the news. I'm so sorry for your loss miss." She sadly said.

"W-what? My loss? What do you mean?? Where's my mom?!" I asked, now hyperventilating.

She sent me the address to a hospital so I quickly got my things and called a taxi.

In the hospital

"Where's my mom?? (Y/M/N)?!?!" I asked frustrated to the nurses at the front desk.

After hearing me, one of the nurses guided me to a hidden area in the hospital. It was cold, dark, and there was what seemed like a whole rack or cabinet of steel drawers. The nurse opened one of them revealing a huge bag with a person-sized item inside. She looked at me before she zipped open the bag.