Free at Last

*Emily's POV, later that night*

I was so mad I called my grandma to pick me up and drive me home. As usual, my parents are out of town so I'm alone. The facial expression of Jack earlier won't get out of my mind. He's never looked at me like that before. He looked at me like I was stupid! Like I was a 5 year old who had trouble understanding everything. Frustrated, I threw my phone against the wall and lay down on my bed. I can't believe he's choosing Madison over me! I've known him since kindergarten, thotison has known him since what, last year? None of this makes sense, it isn't like Jack. I know him too well, something must be up. All the sudden there's a sharp hard noise on my balcony doors. I look over, and someone is throwing rocks at my door. I get up and look over the balcony, not making out the figure who's down there. "Who's there?" I call. "Psstt. Hey, it's Jack." the person whispers. I squint my eyes in the dark, and can see that the figure is actually him. "What the hell do you want?" I scowl. He sighs and rubs the back of his neck. "Can I talk to you?" he asks. I narrow my eyes, but nod. "Fine." Jack starts to climb up a tree, and I walk inside and sit on my bed. Jack hops on my balcony, and steps inside. "Just like when we were kids." he laughs softly. I don't laugh along, keeping my facial expression the same. His grin turns into a frown and he sighs. "Look I'm sorry okay?" he says throwing his arms up. "I don't care." I reply coldly. "Will you at least hear me out?" he asks getting frustrated. I stand up and raise my voice. "No Jack, not after what happened! You don't even care what I have to say! You don't even believe anything I say!" I shriek. Jack throws his arms up and slaps them to his sides. "Madison didn't even do anything wrong! I don't get why you're so mad! I don't even see your problem with her!" Jack begins to yell. My jaw drops at his stupidity. "My problem with her? Let me tell you my problem with her. She uses you, Jack! She uses you! She drags you around like you're a little trophy she's won, or that you're the grand prize she bought! And you don't even know how she treats me! I've never told you this, Jack. But everytime you're not looking, she glares at me. Or she eyes me up and down, looking at me like I'm some- some peasant! Do you know how much that infuriates me! And she does it everytime Jack, everytime! Everyone in the school sees it, everyone but you. I've never told you this because I- I-.." Jack looks taken aback, but still mad. "Why? Because why, Emily?" he commands. I shake my head and look at the ground. Jack takes a step closer to me. "Because why, Em?" he asks lowering his voice a notch. "Because I'm in love with you!" I blurt. Jack does a little gasp, and looks taken aback. I look up and try to read his expression, but it's unreadable. "There, I said it. Because I'm in love with you." I say disappointed in myself. Jack walks right up to me and stares me dead in the eye. For a moment we just stare at each other, not knowing what to do. I prepare myself to be put down, but to my surprise, Jack cups my face in his hands, and his lips crash into mine. I gasp at the impact, wrapping my arms around his neck, my hands ruffling through his hair. He slams me against the wall, our lips never loosing contact. He rubs his hands up at down my arm and I get goosebumps from the warm tingles that spread through my body, head to toe. I've though about having this moment before, but I never dreamed of it being with Jack. I gasp for air, as we look each other straight in the eye. In the moment, that beautiful moment, I realize how crazy in love I am with my best friend.

Ahh! I'm freaking out, more than 70 of you have read this! Thank you so much! If you liked this, give it a vote and comment below! xoxo