4

Lily

  I was in trance; staring at the girl on Gorya's phone: Mira. She was my idol, the reason why I came to this school. Truthfully, because of her, I'm questioning my sexuality. 

  "She's amazing, isn't she?" I said dreamily, my cheek resting on the palm of my hand. I let out a yelp of surprise when Gorya smacked my head. I rubbed the sore spot.

  "You're simping," She remarked, making me huff at her. "At least try to make it less obvious."

  "Girl," I started, rolling my eyes playfully. "I do what I like."

   Gorya let out a laugh, shaking her head.

 "Are you watching Mira's clip?" Looking up, a small smile lit across my face when I saw Hana place her tray at our table and sit down.

  I nodded. "She's amazing." 

  "She's my idol," Hana said. My eyes lit up.

  "You know," I commented with a smirk. "I'm starting to like you more and more." Hana beamed at me.

 "Gorya, you look upset." She noticed.

  I snorted. "She's sulking because she's afraid that she'll end up like those giggling girls who love and adore F4." 

  Hana blinked. 

 Gorya sighed. "Okay, whatever. Lets make a promise to stay quiet and safe until graduation."

  Hana nodded, then they both turned to me.

  "Hey, when you say something like that, something is bound to go wrong." I said smartly. "I think just by saying that, you already jinxed it."

  Gorya flicked my forehead. I winced. "Ow!"

  "You're always such a pessimist!" Gorya complained. "Why can't you look on the bright side of things?"

  "Because there is no bright side!" I pouted, rubbing the sore spot on my forehead. "I'm just stating facts!"

   Hana laughed at my expense. "I have to go." She said. I gave her a wave of good-bye, my other hand trying to smack Gorya's head for pay-back but failing.

  "You're gonna get it," I said in a fake serious tone. 

  Gorya stuck her tongue out at me. "I'd like to see you try."

    My hand was about to reach her head when a dropping of a tray startled me. I whipped my head around so fast that I was surprised it didn't snap right off my neck. My eyes widened when I saw Hana's lunch all over Thyme Paramaanantra's expensive designer shoes. 

  I winced. I knew Gorya shouldn't have said anything. The cafeteria has gone dead silent, so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Everyone's eyes were glued to a terrified Hana who was clutching her tray and shaking in fear. 

    Thyme looked at Hana in shock and anger. 

   I shared a glance with Gorya, us having a silent communication with our eyes that went something like this:

 Gorya: Don't you even start.

Me: I didn't say anything!

Gorya: I could hear your thoughts from a mile away. Don't say 'I told you so.'

Me: ..... I told you so.

   Gorya rolled her eyes at me, and I only smiled sheepishly before glancing back at the scene in front of me. I cringed. 

  "If this your way of approaching a guy?" Thyme asked. Yes, because you aren't considered a guy.

  Hana didn't respond. Her whole body was shaking in fear, clutching her tray like her life depended on it.