10

Lily

"What?" I asked for what seemed like the thousandth time.

  Gorya and Khaning sighed in exasperation over the video call. "A party!" Gorya said slowly, as if she was talking to a child. I only blinked dumbly.

  "Ain't no way," I spluttered in disbelief. 

  "It's true," Gorya defended herself. "Those girls apologized to us at school and invited us to Mira's welcoming party." 

  "I'm not going," I said, crossing my legs as I plopped down lower on my bed, sulking. 

  "Please?????" Khaning whined. I shook my head.

  "Guys, you don't even know if they are genuine or not." I tried to reason with them. "Besides... a welcoming party... one that involved Mira, it's bound to be expensive."

  Gorya shook her head. "They said it's a simple one. We don't need to wear expensive dresses or anything."

  I raised a disbelieving eyebrow at her. "I'm still not going. You can take Khaning." 

  "Please?" She whined, giving me her puppy dog eyes. 

"Please????" Khaning joined in.

  I hesitated. "You have to do my homework for a week." 

  Gorya let out a groan. "Again?"

  I smirked. "Take it or leave it."

  She paused. "Fine." Over the video call, I could see her fuming.

  "Okay," I said. "I'll go."

  "YAYYY!!!" I jumped, startled, almost dropping my phone. Whipping my head at the sudden noise, I sighed in annoyance when I saw my mom, dad, and my brother all crowded at my door, my brother on the floor. "I have to go." I told Gorya and Khaning and ended the call before facing them. 

  "How long have you been eavesdropping?!" I exclaimed. 

  "Since we learned you'd been invited to the party." My dad said cheekily. "Isn't this a big event?"

  I nodded. "Yeah," I murmured. 

  "Oh my," My mom exclaimed. "I need to find you a beautiful dress!"

  "Ma!" I protested, but she wasn't having it.

  After thirty minutes of ruffling through closets and me complaining, my mom finally brought out a box from the attic. I raised my brows in confusion, watching as she dusted off the dust and carefully lifting the lid off and presented the box to me.

  My jaw dropped at the amazing dress. "It was worn by every woman of our family." My mom explained as I took it out of the box and ran my hands through the smooth material. "I figured it was time to give it to you."

  I sniffled a little. "Thanks," I murmured. 

  .oO0Oo.

Thyme

  Running a hand through his hair in frustration, the 17 year old teenager didn't notice the glances of awe and googly eyes that he was receiving from women at the airport, or how they swooned when he wet his dry lips. 

  Instead, his eyes were glancing rapidly at his expensive watch, letting out a heavy sigh. She was late, meaning he was waiting for her. Thyme Akira Paramaanantra never waited for anyone.