V

TEEN ROMANCE !

"Holy shit, holy shit— HOLY SHIT," Tommy yells to the camera, documenting them barely swinging side to side

"Holy shit, holy shit— HOLY SHIT," Tommy yells to the camera, documenting them barely swinging side to side. Aaliyah rolls her eyes, thinking that the boy next to her is a bit annoying.

The ride swung higher, making Aaliyah let out a 'lowercased scream' and clutched the metal bars tighter. She closes her eyes and hopes it will all be over soon. Tommy looks to his right when he hears the noise next to him and quickly looks at her outfit.

As the ride spins over the top, Tommy opens his mouth to shout, "I REALLY LIKE YOUR PA-HAA-HA-NTS! HOLY SHIT!" Aaliyah screams along with him as the ride starts to spin around again.

"WEIRD COMPLIMENT TO RECEIVE WHILE ON THIS HELL OF A RIDE, BUT THANK YOU!" She shouts back, looking over at him as the seats rotate.

"IT'S NOT EVERY DAY YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ON A LITERAL DEATHTRAP, SO BE GRATEFUL!" He exclaims, trying his best to shoot her a smile as he points the camera towards himself.

The ride spins over the top and stays there for a couple of seconds, spinning the seats before dropping down again. Aaliyah and Tommy both shrieked, profanities tumbling out of their mouths as the ride slowly began to stop.

"THANKS, I GUESS. STILL WEIRD TO BE COMPLIMENTED ON A CARNIVAL RIDE BUT IT'S WHATEVER!" Aaliyah shouts back, glancing over at him slightly. "WAIT, ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH LANI'S BROTHER?!"

"TOBY? YEAH! WAIT, ARE YOU LANI'S FRIEND?!" Tom yells, looking at the sky above him as the ride rotated once more.

"YEAH! THIS IS WEIRD!" Aaliyah starts. "LANI WANTED ME TO— AHHHH— GO AWAY WHEN YOU GUYS CAME OVER EARLIER— WOAH!"

"I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE WOULD DO THA-HAAA-AT— I'M ACTUALLY THE COOLEST MAN EVER!" Tommy says, flipping the camera back around to face the sky.

"SHE WAS JUST LOOKING OUT FOR ME! I DUNNO IF YOU'RE THE 'COOLEST MAN EVER' THOUGH!" Aaliyah screams, sighing when she realizes that the ride is slowing down.

Tommy breathes heavily, slowly letting go of the metal bars, and stretches out his fingers; he had been hanging on so tightly that his knuckles had turned white. He looks over at Aaliyah, who seems to be doing the same thing, but she's also fixing her hair to (hopefully) make it look presentable.

Phil looks over at Tubbo with an astonished look on his face. "Oh my God, he's done it!" They share a high five and walk toward the exit gate to wait for Tommy, not expecting Lani to be there.

"Lani?" Her dirty blonde hair turns once she hears her brother's voice. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, hello!" She greets. "My friend was on there!"

"No way! Tommy's on there too! Do you think they've met?" Tubbo exclaims, shaking his sister's shoulders.

At that moment, Tommy and Aaliyah walked toward the group, laughing about something Tommy had said. Aaliyah had her hand on Tommy's bicep, making him flush a dull hue of pink.

Aaliyah pulled away from Tommy and looked straight at her best friend. "I did it! I don't have to give you twenty quid!"

"You did! I see you've met Tommy?" Lani gestures at the older blond boy talking with his friends.

"You know him?"

"Duh, he's Toby's best friend!" Lani explains.

"Woah, he's actually pretty cool! I have no idea why you didn't want me to meet your brother's friends earlier; they all seem pretty chill!" Aaliyah ponders, watching as more and more people get on 'Freak Out.'

Lani sighs, leading Aaliyah to the trio. "I was just scared that they'd mess around with you or me; you know how siblings are— oh wait."

Aaliyah looks at Lani, eyes narrowed as she says, "Lani, I'm an only child."

"I know! That's why I said, 'Oh wait!'" Lani laughs, stopping right next to her brother.

Phil was the first to notice the duo's arrival. "Hello, are you Lani's friend?"

Aaliyah nods. "Yep! Nice to meet you, I'm Aaliyah!" She sticks her hand out, offering a handshake to Phil. He accepts it, gripping her hand firmly before turning back to the rest of the group.

"Hello, Aaliyah! I see you've met Tommy." Tommy waves. "I'm Phil," he points at himself before continuing, "and that's Toby— or Tubbo. Also known as Lani's brother."

"It's nice to meet you all! Lani told me a bit about you." Aaliyah puts her hands behind her back, trying her best to act properly.

"She did? Did she tell you how great and awesome I am?" Phil places a hand on his chest and puffs it out, looking nearly identical to a bird.

Aaliyah laughs. "She just told me that you're a great guy to talk to!"

Phil grins, turning to look Lani in the eye. "Is that so? I'm glad you think of me that way! Other times I'm just a father figure to teens all around the world who have da-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Tommy interrupts, looking over at Aaliyah, who was busy admiring the moon. The moonlight sparkled in her brown eyes, illuminating her eyes to the point where they almost looked like a dark ocean. He pulls away, a light pink scattered across his face as Tubbo says something.

"Should we all go back to my place? I think it would be fun to chill out there for a while. Plus Lani literally lives with me, I gotta bring her home." He suggests, making eye contact with everyone around him.

Aaliyah shrugs, turning her bag around so she can take out her phone. "I mean, I was kind of planning on spending the night with Lani, so this could work out!" She begins to type out a text, eyebrows furrowed as she continuously makes typos.

Lani leans over and checks who she's texting: Cole. She rolls her eyes at her best friend, who is too oblivious to notice that Cole is not a good boyfriend. Aaliyah finishes typing and sends the text, saying something along the lines of, "staying at Lani's for the night, hope u don't mind. i love u!"

"love u 2" is Cole's response. Aaliyah puts her phone away and tunes back into the conversation.

"Yeah, I have to get up in the morning to record stuff for some videos; maybe after that, I could come over?" Phil announces, watching as Tommy slightly pouts.

"Aw man, but father Phil! You're supposed to protect me forever and ever!" Tommy jokes and watches as everyone laughs with him. He looks at Aaliyah's sharp smile and he smiles, his heart beating faster and faster the more he gazes at her.

It's a strange thing to fall for a stranger that quickly. Maybe it's love at first sight; maybe it's the excitement butterflies that inhabited his stomach. Either way, it's still strange; he doesn't know her yet! But maybe, just maybe, she could feel the same way.

He breaks his stare and looks at the night sky, the sounds of his friend's voices filling his ears as he breathes in and out, admiring the beauty of the infinite space above him.

end of act one :)