VIII

TEEN ROMANCE !

"Dude, what the fuck?!" Tubbo shouts at Tommy, who had just won another round of Mario Kart

Tommy laughs, throwing his hands up in the air in a victory pose. "I am simply just so swag. No one can beat me."

"Oh yeah?" A voice calls out. Tommy turns his head to look at Aaliyah; she looks up at him through her eyelashes, a sinister smile playing on her lips. "Let's one-v-one then, whoever wins is the swaggiest one here.

Tommy gulps, a shaking breath escaping his mouth. "Alright, let's go then." He holds the controller in his hands again and waits for Tubbo and Lani to disconnect theirs, leaving only Tommy and Aaliyah connected to the console.

Tommy goes to the main menu, selecting the giant 'play' button. He and Aaliyah are now greeted by the character selection screen, the heads of the available characters smiling at them.

"Ladies first!" Tommy says, elbowing Aaliyah in the shoulder.

"Oh, then you go first." Aaliyah banters, elbowing Tommy back.

"What the fuck?!" He laughs, causing everyone else in the room to laugh along with him. Aaliyah chuckles, leaning over to rest her head on his shoulder for a quick second before sitting upright and looking at the screen again.

Aaliyah moves the cursor around until she eventually lands on Princess Peach, locking her in as Tommy goes to pick Bowser.

"Doesn't Bowser canonically kidnap Peach? Why are they racing?" Lani asks, questioning her two friend's choices.

"You literally pick Luigi every time you play Lani, cut them some slack!" Tubbo intervenes.

"Okay, Mr. Toad." Lani playfully rolls their eyes and starts to watch Aaliyah and Tommy pick their vehicles, their parasols, and the cup they want to play

"Do you want to do the Mushroom Cup?" Tommy turns to look at Aaliyah. She seems to have scooted closer to him while he wasn't looking.

"Let's do the one with Rainbow Road. I think it's the Lightning Cup." Aaliyah suggests, watching as Tommy moves over to the said cup and chooses it. The cutscene of the race plays through, exciting the four of them.

"Who are you rooting for? I'm rooting for Aaliyah." Tubbo says nonchalantly.

"Tubbo, what the hell? I'm your best friend!" Tommy pouts.

"And? Aaliyah is good at Mario Kart!" Tubbo laughs.

"Yeah, sorry Tommy! I'm also rooting for her." Lani intervenes, laughing at Tommy's shocked expression.

"You guys are bullies. I'm going to win this, just watch!" Tommy groans, gripping the controller in his hands.

The game starts and the iconic '3, 2, 1' show up on the screen, causing Aaliyah and Tommy to begin racing. Tubbo and Lani cheered them both on, but cheered louder for Aaliyah. The race finished and Tommy had won the first race of the cup.