VI

TEEN ROMANCE !

Aaliyah lay in bed one week later, tossing and turning as Cole began another round of Call of Duty

Aaliyah lay in bed one week later, tossing and turning as Cole began another round of Call of Duty. She had been trying to take a nap for the past twenty minutes, but found it difficult as Cole would yell at the opposing players for "spawn camping" or "cheating." His voice reverberated in her ears, making them ring anytime she had gotten comfortable.

In the end, she ultimately decided that the only way for her to get some rest was to go to Lani's house. She didn't know how much she could take of Cole's toxic gameplay. She sighs, pulling out her phone to text Lani about her current situation. It doesn't take long for Lani to respond, she just says that Teagan was planning to go shopping, so she could pick up Aaliyah after she's finished.

Aaliyah gets up and starts to get ready, tossing on a light blue sweatshirt and switching her pajama shorts to a comfortable pair of jeans. She pulls her hair back into a small ponytail and puts on a pair of slip-on shoes and walks out the door, not bothering to say goodbye to Cole.

She didn't have much of a plan; all she did was successfully walk out the door. Should she wait for Teagan to arrive, or should she take a train over?  As she's thinking, a vehicle honks at her, causing her to jump in her skin and look up from her phone.

"Hey, Aaliyah!" Teagan's voice calls.

"Teagan, hey!" Aaliyah scurries around the car, sitting in the passenger seat as Teagan puts the car into drive. Looking in the rearview mirror, Aaliyah concludes that Teagan had already finished grocery shopping; she noticed the numerous bags sitting in the backseat.

"How was your day?" Teagan asks, glancing over at her before she focuses on the road again.

Aaliyah sighs, sinking into the seat. "Horrible. Cole kept yelling at his games while I was trying to take a nap. He wouldn't even listen to me when I would try to get him to be quiet!" Aaliyah three her arms in the air, groaning before she plops them back on her lap.

Teagan scoffs, "Nice to know he still isn't listening to you." was her sarcastic reply.

"Oh yeah, such a loving and devoted person, am I right?" Aaliyah banters.

The two sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Teagan spoke up again. "Do you like being with him?"

Aaliyah's neck turns to look at Teagan's side profile and sighs, looking down at her lap. "I do. He really cares about me and I care for him. We've been together for two years now, and he's been amazing."

"'Amazing?'" Teagan scoffs. "Aaliyah, he's been ignoring you the entire time you've been here. Does he even know you've met Tommy, Phil, and Toby?"

The dark-skinned girl sighs and looks out the window. "I told him, but he didn't say anything."

"Liyah, he's not good for you. He promised you all these things for you two to do when you got here, but now he's throwing it all away so he can play toxic games all day. Did he even know you left today?" Teagan side-eyes Aaliyah.

Aaliyah sighs. "No, he didn't notice. I didn't even bother telling him goodbye because he wouldn't have heard me."

Teagan shakes her head. "In all honesty, I think you should break up. I know it's not my place to dictate what you can and can't do with your life, but if he's going to keep treating you this way, he doesn't deserve you."

"You're right! It's just hard to break up with someone you've known since 2017. It's like losing a relationship and a friendship all in one." Aaliyah explained.

"I know, but it's all up to you. If you want to break up with him, or you finally realize how bad your relationship looks from an outsider's point of view, it's all up to you. I'm not going to do it for you; I know that sounds harsh, but it's your relationship. You gotta do what you gotta do." Teagan finishes, pulling into the driveway of her parent's house.

Aaliyah gets out and goes to the backseat, helping Teagan carry the groceries inside. Once she enters, she's greeted by Tubbo's parents in the kitchen and Lani sitting on the couch.

"Welcome home, Teagan! And hello, Aaliyah! How are you feeling today?" Tubbo's mom, Ava, greets the pair.

"I'm feeling quite alright today, Miss Ava! How are you?" Aaliyah returns the question, setting grocery bags down on the counter.

"Oh you know, busy taking care of three kids and an adult, but I wouldn't have it any other way!" Ava smiles, glancing cheerfully at her husband. Aaliyah returns her smile with a fake smile– like the one you give a stranger in public.

Teagan brings in the last bag and sets it on the counter, opening it to start putting the cans inside away. Aaliyah starts to help as well but is stopped by Tubbo's dad, David.

"Oh, Aaliyah, you don't need to help! You can go hang out with Toby, he's in his studio." He says, pointing behind his back to show where Tubbo was.

"Um, are you sure? I can help you guys put groceries away if you want me to-"

"It's alright! You and Lani can go over there, we'll be okay here." David interrupts and sends Aaliyah a reassuring smile, almost as if to say, 'it's alright.' She nods and walks over to Lani, offering a hand to lift her off the couch. Together, they walk outside and make their way over to Tubbo's studio.

"How was your day?" Lani greets, kicking at a small rock hidden under the grass.

"Not so good. Cole was yelling at his games and I couldn't even take a nap." Aaliyah sighs, her shoulders shrugging a bit.

"I don't like Cole, to be honest. He never seemed to be a good person." Lani says.

Aaliyah's head snaps toward her friend standing next to her. "You don't know him like I do."

Lani shrugs and knocks on the door to the studio. "Whatever you say." The duo stands outside, waiting for someone to open the door. They hear the door unlock and look at the door, now being face to face with none other than TommyInnit himself.

🐌 — SNAIL MAIL !

happy pride month ! ❤️🧡🤍🩷💜