EPILOGUE

TEEN ROMANCE !

10 months later

10 months later...

Tommy stands outside the airport, patiently waiting to be picked up. He had decided to surprise Aaliyah by flying down to Arizona for Valentine's day.

He had planned it all out, he was going to have Aaliyah's mom tell her that she had a package, and when Aaliyah opens the door, her boyfriend would be there waiting.

Within the past ten months, Aaliyah and Tommy had the work around their time difference and found a way for their long-distance relationship to last. Ever since Aaliyah broke up with Cole, she had been happier than ever, smiling more and spending as much time as she could with Tommy.

For Christmas, Phil had given Tommy a guitar. Tommy had been practicing nearly every day to get better and better. So when he decided to surprise Aaliyah, he would play a song for her.

Tommy snapped out of his thoughts when he saw a woman walking towards him. She had dark skin and soft eyes, resembling Aaliyah; "This is Aaliyah's mom," he thought. The blond stood up and stuck his hand out for her to shake, but was surprised when she pulled him towards her, giving him a bone-crushing hug.

"It's so nice to see you in person, Tommy!" Aaliyah's mom's voice sang out. "Aaliyah has been talking about you nonstop."

Tommy chuckles nervously as he pulls away from the hug, "All good things, I hope."

"Aaliyah could never talk bad about you, I promise." She says before adding, "She loves you too much."

Tommy's heart nearly exploded.

"Oh- uh- well- uh-" He stutters, trying to find the right words, "that's nice to know."

Her mom laughed softly before leading him toward the car and opening the passenger door for him. He gets in anxiously, fiddling with his thumbs as he prepares to see Aaliyah again.

 He gets in anxiously, fiddling with his thumbs as he prepares to see Aaliyah again

Aaliyah lies on her bed, facetiming Lani for the umpteenth time. Her hair is thrown into a messy bun, and her black curls are spread over her forehead.