S1C2: Alstromeria

Alstromeria;
Friendship

"Jisu-ah! I made this for you."

I had spent four seasons with Yeji by then, had seen the storms and the clear skies; starry nights and bright lights; and yet we remained the closest.

"Eonnie, who is a friend?"

I remember the way she had looked up from her favourite book, 'Colourful Adventures of Princess Jisu'. Her hair was falling in her eyes, which she flicked away, tucking it behind her ear. "A friend?"

For the first time in her eyes did I see something which wasn't mirth or mischief. My smile fell by fractions until it divulged completely. I blinked several times, trying to contemplate what it really was-- I was a kid after all.

"Eonnie...?"

It was like she entered some kind of trance, not budging whatsoever. Concerned, I held her hand. "Eonnie?"

She flinched, the glaze of that unknown emotion smothered in her eyes disappearing. She straightened her back and her eyes fell to the open book in her hands. "A-a friend...it's someone who, well, someone who is close to you, and listens to you, and...makes flower crowns with you."

I giggled. "Wow. That is so cute."

Her smile wasn't her usual one. "Yeah."

"So...are we friends, eonnie?"

"I..."

I know now that she never had the pleasure to make friends. She was alone with the flowers in her garden, all around her were the people of stone. She was cheery bird amongst the crows, and nothing hurts more than that.

That day, a new hope rose in that face of hers.

"Let's make flower crowns."

And I think that was enough of an answer for me.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

a/n !¡ « i am back to my home land »