S1C7: Convallaria majalis

Convallaria majalis;
misery

Thirteen passed by, and came our fourteenth as it did for many others alike.

For them, it stood with open arms, and for us, it became all we never imagined. We grew, and so did our distances, and so shortened our words to give and take, and in no time were we strangers as we slept mere four steps apart.

Twice would I see her in a day, one after the break of dawn, the other with the darkening dusk. At school, she had grown to have her own corner of solitude, nothing said and done. She lost those 'friends' she had, but I'd say it was them losing her. The bright smile had divulged into a frown of displeasure at every second of the day.

At night, I'd hear her whimper as she'd drift deep into her slumber, longing to embrace those nightmares away. 

Though she never really closed her eyes. They'd be ajar to the world with shimmering drops dripping from the edge.

I wanted nothing, but I needed her. I had no family, but I had her. I never really called myself an orphan, not once did I feel alone. But now that I saw Hwang Yeji slipping away, I could do nothing but become unknown.

Was she too occupied to notice, or was she too selfish to acknowledge, I questioned myself because, after all, I am nothing but just a kid. No name, no home.

Choi Jisu only existed for Hwang Yeji alone. Princess Jisu no longer held her light without her flower by her side.

Because, after all, I am nothing but just a kid. No name, no home.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•