S1C5: Hyacinthus orientalis

Hyacinthus orientalis;
jealousy

I was eleven when I first savoured the addicting taste of freedom, setting my foot outside of those four walls of Hwangs.

"Jisu!"

And I wasn't alone in this new chapter of my life.

"Give me your hand."

We had walked in sync as she hummed a tune much familiar to me, but I couldn't really remember where I had heard it before. One of her hands twirled a lily bloom while the other had held me tight. The sun was glowing along with her bright happiness, as warm as the mid of the spring.

But I was nervous. I smiled but deep down was I dreading of the unknown world. My fingers had gripped the strap of my backpack hard, pupils twitching from one thing to another. I felt like an outsider in my own world.

School was only a thing I had read in books. But walking into one was a different experience altogether. There were many children like me and Yeji, excited for their first day but I? I can't say the same for me.

Yeji, oh the sweet little rainbow she was, it wasn't late before she had made friends with whom she chatted away. I, being the hidden star I was, took my refuge behind my clouds of isolation and silence. I couldn't bare how she treated all of them just like how she treated me. It made me feel no different from them.

I knew her longer than anyone of them. I knew the darkest of secrets that her house kept hidden under its menacing shadows. I knew her likes, her dislikes, her favourite flower that she kept on her desk-- everything. They knew nothing.

I wanted to rip them away from her sight.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

a/n !¡ « second update of the day !! and damn Lia bby grew up »