Argument

A/N: This chapter will have some attempted self-harm.

TW: MENTIONS OF ATTEMPTED SELF-HARM. SKIP THIS CHAPTER IF THAT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE.

Holly' pov:

The care ride home was so awkward. Jon kept his head down and scrunched up in his seat as low as he could go, trying to avoid the glares dad kept shooting at him.

Jon seemed to calm down after awhile, and I was annoyed to see him smiling at the car wall to his left. I gave his a brief lecture about his hallucinations, and he didn't look that way again. When we arrived home, we all got out of the car quickly, desperate to be away from dad. Mom and dad stormed off to their room and I felt dread in my stomach weighing me down like an anvil.

Pipsqueak's pov:

That night, mom and dad had an enourmous argument. I heard them yelling in their room, throwing things, loud bangs, and at one point, I think the window even broke. All my siblings, including Holly, who never got scared, came into my room. Their eyes were wide with fear and they were trembling.

Even without speaking, we all knew what had caused this- Jon. He never came to my room like the rest of my siblings and I knew he felt ashamed even though this wasn't his fault. I wasn't angry with him; I don't think any of us were. I just hoped he wasn't hurting himself...

Jon' pov:

I went straight to my room as soon as we arrived home. Dad was right; I was just a burden to this family with my condition. Amelia wasn't acctually here with me-she's been dead for quite a while now. Or at least, that's what I told myself.

Now, it was clouded with guilt. I had to be the worst son, sibling, and person on the planet to have to waste money on therapy just because of some hallucionations. I was truly pathetic.

That's when I remembered about my cuttings a few years ago. And next thing I knew, I was in the bathroom looking for a new (unused) razor.

Amelia's pov:

I went to check on his siblings. I knew this whole experience must be terrifying and hard to deal with, but I was happy to see them all asleep in Pip's room. My happiness faded when I came back and Jon wasn't there. I had a feeling I knew where he was, though, and hurried off to stop him before it was too late.

I entered the bathroom and found Jon sitting on th batroom floor holding a fresh razor. It seemed he had only found it moments before I entered, so he was still contemplating whether or not to do it.

Then, he held the razor to his arm and was about to swipe when I flew over as fast as I could and shouted "No, DON'T!"

I quickly grabbed the razor from him, opened the bathrom window and threw the razor into the front lawn.

Word count: 510