||:Chapter 2- Reunion, But. . .:||

"Okay."
Edward and Thompson laued out a map of the town,"The Red Bandit comes out night, he does the work at night so hide his identity more in the dark. We have 3 banks, The Saloon, Town Hall and so on.", Edward nods, taking mental notes,"Here's my suggestion: I can patrol during the night and you can patrol during the day.", "Are you sure?", Thompson nods,"Yes, during the night I can learn more and during the day you can scout out, see if anyone could potentially match the description.", Edward nods,"Yes, Sir Sheriff.", Thompson was nervous, he didn't want to admit it because, all he could think about was recalling that night he almost had the Bandit in cuffs.
. . .
It was all like a blur, maybe because of his eye but also he wasn't prepared for how fast the guy was.
Thompson remembered he tired to convince him to let him go with deal but Thompson ignored him and it lead him getting him half blinded.
. . .
"I won't let myself make the same mistake."

=

That night Thompson sat on the roof of the Town Hall with his flask and gun at the ready, Edward did question if Thompson would be able to stay awake but Thompson assured him that he was going to bed anytime soon until that Bandit is behind bars.
. . .
He just wished he remembered what the Bandit looked liked, curse himself for getting struck in the eye!
Then he noticed a figure, he ducked down a bit to lay on his stomach and then he saw a figure step out from behind the train.
The Red Bandit.
You couldn't see his face, but he wore a red scarf around his face to conceal his identity more.
Thompson glared as he watched the Bandit walk right up to the Bank, Thompson aimed the gun at the Bandit ready to shoot but to his surprise two new figures came out from inside the bank and were. . . Talking to the Bandit?
Thompson watched their movements, the Red Bandit pointing in different directions but towards the different banks around their small town.
"So, you have an accomplices."
And they were right in this town.

=

"The Bandit has an accomplice?!", "Two.", the Mayor and Detective were shocked, Thompson put his flask away,"I dunno who in their right mind would work for the Red Bandit but something tells me it was a life or death situation.", Mayor closed his eyes,"This may be a problem. I do not want to alert the people of the potential accomplices. I ask that we keep this part of the mission private.", "You got it Mayor.", Edward drank some of the cola again, he just found it so addicting and he didn't know why.
"Well, Sheriff get sleep I'll do your patrols.", "Thank you.", so Edward left to start the Patrols and Thompson went to catch up on sleep.

=

"Never see you this late."
Thompson shrugged, handing his flask to the Barman,"Yeah, was sleeping after a night shift.", the Barman smiles as he replies the flask and pours him a drink in a regular cup,"On the house.", "Thanks.", Thompson downs the drink, Barman smiled,"So, any idea how to catch the Bandit?", "Ehhhhhh. Nope. Not yet. Mostly just trying to get an idea of the situation and not lose another eye to him.", Thompson chuckled to himself, Barman shrugs as Thompson drank.

=

Night again.
This time, Thompson wasn't hiding up on a roof but walking around doing his patrols as usual mostly because he was hoping the Bandit didn't notice he wasn't doing his regular routes.
"Well~. . . Well~. . . Well~. . ."
Thompson stopped walking, he gulped and turned and there he saw. . . Him.
The moon light made him stand out, he was taller than Thompson and Thompson could only imagine the smirk behind that scarf.
. . .
"Been a long time, Sheriff Thompson. How long has it been.", The Red Bandit walked towards him, Thompson glared at him,"Not long enough.", "Awe, don't be that way. I'm impressed you know, never got to say it but the state you managed to get me into; I was impressed.", Thompson glared,"I don't need you to be fucking impressed.", Red Bandit chuckled,"Someone is in a bad mood.", Thompson pulled his gun, aiming his gun at the Bandit,"The hell are you planning. You haven't stepped foot in the this town since you took my eye.", Red Bandit held his hands up, Thompson tried to memorise the shape of his figure and try to peer at his eyes,"Calm yourself, Sheriff. Well, I couldn't stay in the town could I?", Tord began to circle around the Sheriff as he kept his gun on him,"You, were the first to nearly catch me, I thought with a height like yours I wouldn't have a problem but you proved me wrong.", Red Bandit stopped in front of the Sheriff, Thompson could almost see his eyes and could almost see the insanity in his eyes,"You learn to never let your guard down. I learned to not to judge my opponent.", Thompson knew this was a trap, he turned and fired his gun and caught someone who yelled and fell to the ground as someone rushed to them.
"Smart."
Thompson aimed his gun at The Red Bandit,"Give me one good reason I shouldn't blow your head off.", The Red Bandit chuckled,"You'll need me alive, Sheriff.", then more gun fire goes off, looking up Thompson saw Edward, the Red Bandit ran off while the other two figures had disappeared but Thompson wasn't about to let this fucker get away with no wound!
Thompson took aim and fired 4-5 shots and watched The Bandit fall in the ditch, Thompson sighed and huffed,"Edward.", "You got it.", Thompson took his hat off, smiling and hoping he can tell who was shoot in he morning.