||:Chapter 6- Childhood Memories:||

"What do you mean, you knew him growing up."
Thompson sighed heavily, drinking from his flask to calm himself before he busts a vein in anger, he turned to the Mayor and Edward,"Guess I can explain to you all about Tord.", Edward and the Mayor looked at one another as Thompson took another swing of his flask.
"So, yes. Tord and I were childhood friends, both our fathers were Sheriffs in separate towns and we use to visit quite often especially as kids, we both thought we'd follow in our father's footsteps but around I think 4-5 years ago Tord wrote to me about him going down a different path and travelling around so I wouldn't be able to keep in contact or he couldn't send me letters often."
Thompson ran his hand through his hair and removed his hat, it felt like the sun was beating down on him and him only, he felt like he was put on the spot.
. . .
"I had no idea.", "Well I didn't have a clue he had done off the deep end.", Mayor approached Thompson,"Well, shall I have his father come down?", "Maybe. . . I first want to know why he did it all, give me a week to make a decision.", The Mayor nods and leaves them be, Edward looked at Thompson,"I'm sorry.", "Don't be, it ain't your fault. I just want some answers before I have send him and his accomplices up to the big house.", Edward nods and Thompson went to the Saloon to probably get a drink to ease his emotional pain.
. . .

=

That night, Thompson was in his house filling out the paperwork of the capture of the Red Bandit-. . .
Thompson couldn't bring himself to write his real name, he didn't want to believe that The Red Bandit was his childhood friend.
. . .
"Argh! Why am I hesitating?! I haven't seen in years so why am I not putting his real name down?!"
In frustration of his own emotions he just hit his head on the desk, not able to understand his emotions but thanks to the alcohol, late hours and him hitting his head on the desk he fell asleep almost instantly.

=

BANG!
"BULLSEYE!"
He managed to hit the target once again, Tord lowered his gun and looked at Tom,"You're pretty good yourself.", "Thanks, Commie.", Tord rolled his eyes at the nickname,"Drink break?", "Sure thing.", they put the guns against the fence and they sat down on the grass and enjoyed their drinks in the sun.
. . .
"Hey, Tom. Have you ever thought of being something else other than a Sheriff?", Tom looked at Tord,"Why?", "Just curious.", Tom thought to himself,"Hm. . . Sometimes, there was a point I thought of becoming a musician but that wouldn't work out money wise.", "Oh.", Tom looked at Tord,"You don't look well, Tord, is everything alright?", Tord smiled,"Oh, yeah I'm alright just thinking about what I'm gonna do after we turn 18 you and I.", Thompson shrugged,"Well, you know I'll be sticking around here.", "True. Though I'm surprised no one had mistaken you for a toddler.", Tom shoved Tord who just laughed as they drank their drinks.

=

Thompson woke up at his desk with the sun peaking in through his blinds.
. . .
Thompson sat up, feeling more refreshed and his mind was more clear.
. . .
Something wasn't right.