Chapter 1 : The King is dead, long live the Queen!

The echo flowers were repeating the same word over and over everywhere around her in a dramatic tone. Maybe they knew too.

"Hello? King Asgore Dreemur, here. I am not available at the moment, but you can leave me a message, or, if it's an emergency, call Captain Undyne for help. See you soon! Here, do you think it's ok enough? Oh. Oh? Undyne? I think that's still recording. How do you stop it again?"

Undyne aimed a dark gaze to the flower who pronounced that sentence again and crushed it under her foot with no mercy. She barely noticed Papyrus trotting behind her. The poor skeleton was desperately trying to catch up, out of breath despite his lack of lungs. But Undyne didn't have time for him right now.

Something was wrong. She could feel it in the air. That was now forty minutes she was attempting to call Asgore on his phone, to know how his encounter with the human had gone. Except he wasn't answering no more. The Kind was kinda lunatic sometimes, but he never played dead for so long before, especially when it was her who was trying to reach him. Undyne started to fear something bad happened and she was badly worry.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. Without stopping, she took it out and picked up.

"Un-Undyne? That's Alphys. Y-you have to go to the p-palace as quick as you c-can. Sans will explain y-you, he is already there. Oh... And Undyne? Y-you'll have to be s-strong."

Her stomach clenched. Alphys hung up immediately, abandoning her with her trembling legs in the middle of the path. She didn't need to go to understand. She knew what she would find there.

The human had killed Asgore.

********

Sans had decided to follow the kid and the King fight from not to far away, in case something went wrong. He had made a promise after all, and what kind of skeleton would he be if he would have let the child get kill at the last minute after all the hard work he had to do to lead them here in the first place?

However, he woke up much later, the head heavy like some truck passed on it. Firstly, he thought that was a strange return in the past like it happened several times since the human was here, except this time, he couldn't remember anything about it. He couldn't have just fall asleep, isn't it? He was tired, but not at this point.

In the Judgement Hall, the birds were singing a melancholic song, as to warn him that something was wrong. It took a few seconds before he understood there were no fights sounds anymore. That was worrying. Quietly, Sans entered the throne room. He passed next to the golden flowers parterre and the throne to join as quickly as possible the magic barrier.

First bad news : it was still here. He could hear it vrombing from the hallway. The second bad news was far more surprising. In the room, in the middle of some white dust was laying Asgore's cape and trident. The souls containers of the previous children captured were broken on the ground and Frisk had disappeared. His first reflex was to laugh nervously, before he realised what just happened. The King was dead. The kid was gone. Could they have kill him ? That wasn't making any sense. The child never raised their hand on anything before. Something must have happened. Something must have necessarily happened. Frisk wasn't a murderer. He judged them, he knew it.