Thirty-Nine

Jin decided to wait for Jungkook in front of his house. He's been sitting at the front patio for hours already, the sun has just set, but he's still staring out to nowhere as he thinks about the recent happenings since he and Jungkook got back together.

He felt like a lot is going so wrong about everything. Mostly for Jungkook. He never intended to get back with the love of his life, then just ruin all good things for him.

Jin then thought of the days when life was just simple for him and Jungkook in Busan. It was peaceful.

They were happy.

Now, Jin was starting to question where he went wrong. All he wanted was for him and Jungkook to be together again - happy just like before. But nothing is turning out the way he hoped it to be.

After a few more minutes, Jin saw Jungkook pulled up at the garage, he rose up and waited until his boyfriend comes out of the car.

"Jin, what are you doing here outside when you can wait inside? You know my password." Jungkook said in a soft, serious tone. His face didn't look amused, same as Jin's, when they met each other's eyes.

"Jungkook-ah, I thought we shouldn't have secrets between each other anymore?!" Jin asked.

It's the first thing he'd like to question Jungkook, as he never expected the actor would keep such things from him again.

"What do you mean?! Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that?? Did you see Dispatch's Youtube channel just now - chasing after you, getting into an unknown car?! And I'm pretty sure that's not my car, Seokjin." Jungkook asked with creased forehead.

"What-- okay that is another story! Thanks to that, I've come to know that you're still hiding things from me!" Jin got a bit defensive. He can't believe that the reporters would still release footages of him even though he managed to escape them.

"Okay, tell me whose car that was, and what's this secret you're talking about?! I don't want to argue with you, really. But I am tired the whole day dealing with shits, then I would see this bullshit too! Please tell me words that could make me sane right now. Please, Seokjin!"

Jin sighed, then he rubbed his face annoyingly. He walked closer to Jungkook and spoke, "It was Yoongi--"

"What the hell, Jin!! Why did you have to see him again?!!" Jungkook quickly said, throwing his hands up in too much frustration.

"Well, I was being mobbed and he seemed to be sincere in offering me help."

Jungkook just shook his head then walked past Jin to get to the door of his house. But Jin quickly grabbed his arm, "Wait-- you still have something to tell me!"

"What do you want to hear, Jin?!" Jungkook said, obviously pissed.

"Is it true what he said-- that you're losing your projects because of the articles about me?!"

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed even more, he then let out a deep breath, "And how did he exaggerate about it?! Just so you know, I'm working the whole day with Taehyung-hyung to save those. So I don't see why it's a big deal to you now, and why it is making you upset."

Jin let go of his grip on Jungkook's arm and dropped it to his side. A small amount of tears were forming in the corner of his eyes as he spoke, "So it's true then. A-and you didn't want to tell me so I won't worry."

Jungkook sighed, his face suddenly soften seeing Jin's reaction.
"I'm sorry if I kept it from you, baby. Coz this is exactly the reason why! You're going to blame yourself again, and who knows what else you'll try to do??

I don't want to wake up one day to a room without you again - finding out you walked away once more just because of these shits happening."

Jin stayed silent as he stared at the ground. So Jungkook got worried - he stepped closer to Jin, pulling him in for a hug.
"Don't feel bad. It's still fine. Hyung and I saved some of them. I don't care about the others anymore. Who would want to work with those kinds of people-- judging me just because of one or two shitty articles."