Prologue

VENUS LOVETT
(7 years ago)

Everyone cheers on for Mateo as he scores a goal winning the seasons last match.

He skates over to my direction with a bright smile on his face.

"That one was for my lovely girlfriend over here!" Mateo shouts taking his helmet off.

The crowd gets louder as I see Mateo draw a heart in the air before his teammates crush down on him.

"When are you going to tell him?" My twin brother asks clapping his hands to match the overhyped energy.

"I can't Vince- it'll ruin his career. He looks so happy, finding out that he's about to be a father will ruin him and I" I reply hesitantly.

"But your keeping the baby?" Vince asks.
"Yes but he can't know" I whisper.

"This isn't fair to him Vee, he deserves to know" Vince argues.

"It's for the best" I sigh slightly.

I know I'm about to make the biggest mistake but I don't think he is even ready to be a father at 18.

4 days.

4 days and I promise Mateo Revker. You will never see me again. Ever.

All the players went into the locker room to freshen up and probably celebrate for the second time.

After I stand near Mateo's car waiting for him to come over just as I see him walking over with a smile.

"Congrats Teo" I greet as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Thanks Vee" Mateo replies kissing my temple.

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry.

"One day, we'll be all grown up in a mansion with kids. Living our dream " He whispers pecking my lips.

"We will" 

• • •

(4 days later)

"Can you please rethink this?" Vince tries.

He has been pestering me about it for the last
4 days.

"No Vincent. It's for everyone's best" I grit out trying to tug my suitcase away from him.

"Vincent leave your sister alone and my darling..please be careful your father is an asshole but he is very protective of you and Vince" Mom explains before pecking my cheek.

"Even if Mateo tries to contact you your father will probably rip apart the phone out of rage" She laughs.

"Be careful Vee, the city is a big place" She sighs.
"I know mama" I reply with a faint smile.

"See you later my dearest sister" Vince waves as I get into the car.

"Where is Venus going?" A voice that is a little to familiar asks.

No, no, no.

Why the fuck is Mateo here?

Did Vincent call him?

I swear to the holy mother of Jesus-

"Oh- her dad's house" Mom laughs it off.

"Can you please start driving?" I ask the driver.

He nods before starting the engine gaining Mateo's attention.

"Vee!"

"Venus!"

"Baby! Venus!"

Mateo's voice calls out but it gets faint after some time, very faint.

The last thing I hear is Mateo yelling Vince's name.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

I fucked up.

Even if I wanted to go back- I can't.

Please Mateo forget about me.

Ruin everything I gave you.

Please.

I look down my at phone blowing up due to Mateo spamming messages and calls.

I love you more than I'm capable of loving someone but I can't let our ignorance ruin your career.