04 | Alive or existing?

As I walk in, I realise that Venus is asleep while holding Mils' hand like she is afraid her daughter will disappear

Vee doesn't move as I enter the room.

Vee needs to sleep she seems to be too occasionally in life she forgets that self care is important too.

I slide my arm under Venus' thighs and the other supporting her back.

As I pick her up in bridal style, I place her on the couch that can turn into a bed and cover her body with a blanket. All that is in another separate room.

Christ this hospital.

For a second I just stand there.

Looking at her.

I don't know why she did what she did but maybe there's a reason.

I need to know the reason.

I do.

Living with the fact that your girlfriend of 3 years left you one day with no whatsoever reason.

It's tiring.

I thought of every possible reason that she left me. Every single one.

I notice that Mils' is starting to finally wake up.

"Hey, it's me Mils" I rush towards her side.

She fully opens her eyes and gazes into my eyes.

"It hurts" Mils mumble.
"What hurts? Can you tell me?" I ask.

"My head and..my arm" She frowns looking down at her forearm.

"Why is a wire inside me?" Mils asks gasping quietly.

"Don't worry about it, it's to make sure you're ok" I reply.

"Where's momma?" She asks looking around.
"I wanna say sorry" Mils says.

"Why?" I say.

"I threw a really bad fuss cause' momma wouldn't let you come to my party but then she tried to talk to me but I didn't" She explains on the verge on tears.

I don't say anything but just gently wrap my arms around her fragile figure.

Her tiny arms cling onto my torso tightly as she hurries her head in my neck.

"I wanna see momma" Mils sniffles.
"I know, I know" I sigh.

"Mils? Oh my god, you're ok" Venus' voice gasps slightly.

Mils holds her arms out which Venus somehow understands her and takes her away from me to hug her.

"Hey, you're ok. Can you tell me where it hurts?" Vee asks gently.

"My head and my arm" Mils replies.
"I'm sorry" Vee apologises.

"I'm going to place you back on the bed ok? And don't move your arm" Vee says gently laying Mils back on the hospital bed.