21 | City of Love

"I'm so sorry baby, we'll be back soon

"I'm so sorry baby, we'll be back soon. Okay?" I say to Mils, crouching down to her height as she looks at me like I'm boring her.

"I don't care, go enjoy Paris- oh! Can you get me a cool gift?" She asks excitedly.

"I'm going to buy you many gifts and be good for Grandma and Grandpa" I reply.

"Mommy, your overreacting. I'm fine" Mils says kissing my cheek before running off to Mateo's mom.

"She'll be fine" Mateo assures, kissing my cheek as I stand up to my full height.

I watch as Mils gets in the car with Mateo's mom, smiling and giggling. Both of them waving at me as his mom drives away.

"She seems happy" I say lowly.
"But you fear that she's drifting away" Mateo extends my sentence.

"I promise when we get back, it's all kisses and hugs. Now let's go Paris is waiting" He reassures leading us into his car.

• • •

I sigh laying down on the bed face up, the flight to Paris was tiring.

"Tired?" Mateo asks laying down next to me.
"Yeah" I reply.

"What do you have planned for tomorrow?" I question.

"Nothing really, I'll just be out for about two hours then I'm yours" He replies.

Wait- shit, where are my heels?
Those fuckers are a limited collection.

I sit up suddenly to which Teo looks at me concerned.

"Where are my heels?" I ask looking around.
"I placed them in the closet, why?" He responds.

I lay back down with Teo probed on his elbow looking down at me amused.

"They are a limited edition" I mumble.
"You like them?" He asks.

"Of course" I scoff slightly.
"Ok" He smiles kissing the corner of my lips.

"Ok?" I repeat abut as a question.
"Ok" Teo says again.

Men confuse me. Especially this one.

I sense his lips move down to the side of my neck, sucking on one spot.

"Are you giving me a hickey?" I chuckle faintly.
"Yeah" He mumbles against my skin.

"No" I try to move away but his hands hold me in place.

"Mateo" I sigh.
"Mhm?" Teo hums.

I give up my attempts.